Switching Servers

Hi Yash,

I've been a customer less than a week and have some dumb questions.

First, I'm now on the basic windows package but would like to switch to Linux. Would it be better to wait until I renew at the end of the month and signup again as a new customer?

Second, I've tried twice to configure OSCommerce but my changes never take.

Last, I couldn't find a secure form to mail procedure. Do we have access to a Secure Server? I don't totally understand the SSL signup process.

Thanks and keep up the great work!!!

First, I'm now on the basic windows package but would like to switch to Linux. Would it be better to wait until I renew at the end of the month and signup again as a new customer?

You can go ahead and signup for a new Linux account right now and have your Windows account cancelled by filling out http://www.jodohost.com/cancelform.asp. We'd credit your new account after that.

Second, I've tried twice to configure OSCommerce but my changes never take

Try these and see if they help:
http://jodohost.webmastertoolkit.com/search.php?query=&topic=13

Last, I couldn't find a secure form to mail procedure. Do we have access to a Secure Server? I don't totally understand the SSL signup process.

Do you mean why the CP is not secured or you want SSL enabled on your account?

Thanks for the quick reply, Yash.

You can go ahead and signup for a new Linux account right now and have your Windows account cancelled by filling out http://www.jodohost.com/cancelform.asp. We'd credit your new account after that.

Will do.

I had already read those files and followed instructions. Didn't work.

Do you mean why the CP is not secured or you want SSL enabled on your account?

I wanted to enable SSL but don't know if there's a charge for the "Temporary Certificate" or how that works. I thought you had told somebody else that doing a personal certificate would give a browser warning when accessing the secure page.

I had already read those files and followed instructions. Didn't work.

Could you please submit a ticket. One of us could then look into your account.

I wanted to enable SSL but don't know if there's a charge for the "Temporary Certificate" or how that works. I thought you had told somebody else that doing a personal certificate would give a browser warning when accessing the secure page.

For SSL, you need a dedicated IP. It won't work without that. And yes, you need a certificate to use it (whether personal or branded). The best place to buy a certificate is from geotrust.com. You can install a certificate directly from the CP after you add a dedicated IP to it.

For SSL, you need a dedicated IP. It won't work without that. And yes, you need a certificate to use it (whether personal or branded). The best place to buy a certificate is from geotrust.com. You can install a certificate directly from the CP after you add a dedicated IP to it.

I don't mean to be picky but this quote from your order form leads people to believe they have access to a secure server automatically. Perhaps you should change the wording. I did sign up for a dedicated IP.

Your own virtual web server (name or IP based hosting) including web statistics; CGI; Virtual host alias; SSL; FrontPage extensions; MIME Type; various types of logs; SSI; PHP; Custom Error Documents

It probably is a little misleading and we will clarify this on the order form when our site is updated in the coming days. Sorry for that

The SSL module is included with the package, so are things like Anonymous FTP, but to use it, your need a dedicated IP.

Originally posted by Yash
It probably is a little misleading and we will clarify this on the order form when our site is updated in the coming days. Sorry for that

The SSL module is included with the package, so are things like Anonymous FTP, but to use it, your need a dedicated IP.

But I DID request a dedicated IP when I signed up yet when I tried to enable SSL it wouldn't work and I can't afford $200 for a Certificate.

Anyway, I've just cancelled my Windows account and signed up for Linux. Hopefully everything will work.

Originally posted by NanzWebz
Originally posted by Yash

But I DID request a dedicated IP when I signed up yet when I tried to enable SSL it wouldn't work and I can't afford $200 for a Certificate.

Anyway, I've just cancelled my Windows account and signed up for Linux. Hopefully everything will work.

ok, I wasn't aware you had already purchased an IP. For SSL to work, you need a certificate. You can buy a Geotrust one for $49/year, I believe

Back