Ticket response times

Hi

I raised a ticket last night (ELO-26498-349) with regard error message when trying to add domain. I had live chat this morning and was told passed on to level 3 support but still waiting and no update on ticket.

What's the usual fix time? Guess it depends on problem - but on average.

Client is on my back - I forgot to add domain before changing name servers from old host and now site and email are unreachable!

Cheers

My personal experience...tickets don't get worked until Stephen gets involved. He seems to be the whip around here. :)

May just be my perception, but as they say...."perception is reality".

Not soon enough, sadly.

I have an issue right now that I need resolved.

It's just sad that JH support is so....lacking.

Error adding domain, I haven't had a moment to check the forums this morning, this time change has my brain messed up more than a time zone change I see regularly.

If it is on cluster2 win5, you need to disable activated asp.net on the plan. This is an error I have been working on in the last days quite a lot.

Guys there is a lot of support done, a LOT while I am not around. I do not handle many tickets at all, in fact I try not to handle any I work through the staff to handle issues and teach them along the way.

Hi

It's on win14 - and have DotNetNuke sites on there so I guess disabling .net not an option. I did get an initial quick response from Shubham but I hadn't supplied enough info - but since I have nothing seems to be happening. :(

disabling .net to activate on addition of the domain, then we can manually add it.

It will allow us to see the real error and not the combined error, as you cna try to enable it later. I did not say diable asp.net fully, I said disable ACTIVATION of it on addition of a domain.

The error we are seeing on a few is about "can't enable asp.net when it already exists" or "can't change asp.net version" but it happens even if the domain is brand new, its a new 'feature' of Hsphere 3.2 I guess (we've reported 4 bugs all of which they call features in the last 3 days, so I am a bit annoyed)

your ticket is going to the developers, it is not one that we can fix, it is haywired.

Also an option, you have a subdomain like it setup, what about making it a domain alias of that one to get it up and going asap?

Not sure what you mean.

I had hosted the site previously (a DotNetNuke one) but previously I had only setup web forwarding. The client then went to another host but they were not happy with them and came back to me to reinstate the old site.

However, I thought (wrongly) that previously I had set the domain to point to my nameservers so the other night I changed the nameservers for the domain. The old site went down and emails have stopped. Having realised my mistake I thought no problem I'll just add the domain to Jodo servers and all will be fine. That was before I found out there is an issue adding domains to the account!!

Now the client has had no emails for a couple of days and no website and they have an important meeting tomorrow for which they require the website and emails to be available.

So anything that can be done to get it up and running would be great - can sort out the management of it later or just change back the name servers and set up web forwarding again after the meeting.

Not sure what you mean.

I had hosted the site previously (a DotNetNuke one) but previously I had only setup web forwarding. The client then went to another host but they were not happy with them and came back to me to reinstate the old site.

However, I thought (wrongly) that previously I had set the domain to point to my nameservers so the other night I changed the nameservers for the domain. The old site went down and emails have stopped. Having realised my mistake I thought no problem I'll just add the domain to Jodo servers and all will be fine. That was before I found out there is an issue adding domains to the account!!

Now the client has had no emails for a couple of days and no website and they have an important meeting tomorrow for which they require the website and emails to be available.

So anything that can be done to get it up and running would be great - can sort out the management of it later or just change back the name servers and set up web forwarding again after the meeting.

What I mean is it looks like there is a subdomain with the same name, add it as a domain alias and it will bring these functions up.

We could manually add the site in IIS(no guarantee it wont get removed by hsphere) but we can't do all the dns zones etc properly.
if you add it as a domain alias to a subdomain it will work and serve DNS and work to get those mails up more quickly.
I just added a test subdomain, and see there is also one like test(domainyouwanttoadd).yourdomain.com alias as well, I did not make this test alias.

The issue here is restricted it seems to just that domain name, it is hitting some conflict somewhere but the logging is so useless I can't tell:

Psoft.HSphere.Transport.Protocols.ProtocolException: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800700B7): Cannot create a file when that file already exists.
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

file already exists, what file? I checked no files even deleted that folder of domain.org to make sure of it.

Back