:( Time zones ticket JKX-19694-753

cca

Perch
Well what a waste of time this has been so far! :(

Trying to set ny cp regional settings to display dd/MM/yy format & set the time to +16:00 hours from jodo server time so date & time displays correctly for my cp.

Did all the searches in forum & then hsphere & then psoft & then google with no luck so contacted live help who after about 20 minutes basically said they don't know how either so please submit a ticket & they will find out & set it up for me.....Ok so submitted a ticket with req for jodo to set it up for me as live help asked me to....the answer I get back...after 2 HOURS is:

Hello,

Kindly go through the link below and you change your control panel setting as per your local settings . If you feel any peoblem regarding these chagnes kindly let us know.

http://www.psoft.net/HSdocumentation/reseller/regional_settings.html

Thanks and Regards

So my last resort is to come to this forum & ask here & please don't ask me "have I visited the above link else I'll cancell my accounts & go back to exabytes.com where service is 10 times better than here so far!

Ok, can you tell me what to put in the text field to set the time?

The issue is I have asked jodo for more help & I am sent in circles

Looking at it further, i don't think you can add 1600. But, you can change the timezone to whatever you want.

Have you tried that?

Richard M.

If I new what to insert into the text fields? I have tried many changes but even changing the short date from M/d/yy to d/MM/yy does not work...the help file says:

General time zone: Time zones are interpreted as text if they have names.
RFC 822 time zone: For formatting, the RFC 822 4-digit time zone format is used.

So where do I put this information & how to format it correctly...can anyone give me an example of what should go into the text fields in regional setting to make this work?

I do not believe the control panel supports changing timezones for individual resellers.

Also, the person who answered your ticket Deepak did spend a while researching your question and it's not a typical question asked. All he gets back is criticism for not getting back to you fast enough. That did have an answer to your date/time format question though.

It's surprising one day someone says we have the best service around, then based on one ticket that took 2 hours to answer (which wasn't a typical question), we have the worst service in the industry!

I didn't know the answer to this question either FYI.

Also, it's a major holiday in India due to the festival of Holi, as well as Good Friday and Easter that fall during the same weekend. We'd only be returning to full staff strength by Monday although we are still staffed 24x7.

My criticism is not so much how fast the response was, I made that point because of the continual reference here that "more than 1 hour ticket response is very unlikely"
It's surprising one day someone says we have the best service around, then based on one ticket that took 2 hours to answer (which wasn't a typical question), we have the worst service in the industry!
It certainly was not me that said you have the best service around!

The criticism is that I asked a valid question with live help thinking this is an easy fix for support & explained that I had already viewed the psoft help files, forums & hsphere & google & needed thier assistance.
The answer:
sir, just goto cp & change settings....
then they put up a link to the help files....which I had already explained did not help!
I guess sometimes people just refuse to say "sorry we don't know the answer"

So they say put in aticket & we will set it up....
That did have an answer to your date/time format question though.

did that & explained all of the above in the ticket.....
the answerfrom deepak:

Hello,

Kindly go through the link below and you change your control panel setting as per your local settings . If you feel any peoblem regarding these chagnes kindly let us know.

http://www.psoft.net/HSdocumentation/reseller/regional_settings.html

Thanks and Regards
Deepak
the same link to hsphere help that I already explained did not help.

So this has wasted both your time & mine...& the anser is:
I didn't know the answer to this question either FYI.
So thankyou finally for saying so!

The Average response time according to Cerberus is 1 hour and 25 minutes.

The main reason for the average succeeding our stated average by 25 minutes is because of a recent burst of issues requiring assistance from PSOFT.

cca, FYI, we have 2 tickets with PSOFT on your issue. It's a long weekend with Good Friday and Easter falling on it so PSOFT has been taking their time with tickets as well affecting our ability to respond to PSOFT specific issues

So I repeat, a majority of tickets are responded to within 60 minutes. It may have taken upto 2 hours this week but that is because of 3 major holidays falling during this period as I explained. We normally have 3 to 4 people on shift. The last few days, we've had only 1 to 2 people on shift. The workload is quite heavy if there is only 1 person on shift.

If you had better service with Exabytes, you are more than welcome to shift back to them. We have a number of customers that were previously with this company who have moved over to us.

Also, we do not guarantee any response time on tickets so you should be happy enough you are getting timely support and a medium such as our forum to express your criticism, when a majority of hosting firms offer none.

Well, I am certainly happy with the support around here Yash! Support here greatly surpasses the support I got with other companies :) The forum here enhances the experience

I repeat: the issue is not the response time!

I guess you do not read tickets/posts carefully enough.

I donot wish to have a slanging match...just to have my issue resolved. If not possible then OK
The ticket I submitted shows resolved....though now i read you have 2 tickets with psoft on my issue....hopefully they can provide some answers.

the tickets are there to confirm that timezone functionality is not available and to find when new date settings by the reseller kick-in.

Yash, just a thought you might like to consider:

I have programmed a really simple script that is shown at the bottom of each of our "Greek Agni Travel Site". www.agni-travel-corfu.com
Basically, it takes the current time (adds a server offset +10 hours in our case), then decides if the time is within office hours and writes a message saying" Office Open ect, Sofri is online" or "Out of office hours" if not and we will be there tomorrow etc. We also add bank holidays, to the script so it will say, today in Greece it is a bank holiday ....... so sorry office closed and will be open tomorrow.

The customer feedback has been great as lets clients know why their emails (or payments) are not answered immediately!

Maybe you could add a similar system?

But, I find JH's support excellent. I have three different web hosts, due to running serveral businesses, and JH offers the best support. (Not server speed, sorry Yash). If a support ticket is answered in less than a day, then that gets my vote, let alone an hour!!! Anyone experienced oneandone!!! X(

Nathan

Nathan said:
Anyone experienced oneandone!!! X(

Nathan
OneandOne is one of the most third class host I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!X( they are just hopeless. The claim to be a big host but there support is just pathetic. Infact it seems there is not support and there is just one person who look after emails and replies by different names in about 3 - 4 days!!!!!! yes believe me I have emailed several times to them about some hosting issue and the average reponse time is 3 - 4 days..... and each passing day this reponse time increases. Once I got a reply in 7 days!!!!8o
My blood boils whenever someone mentions the name OneandOne!!!!!!X(

Back