Unable to create new accounts?

Phurion

Perch
Registered a new domain this morning then tried to go through the signup/moderation/approval process and received the error in the screen shot when I tried to create the account.

First time I've ever seen this.

It indicates a trouble ticket was created and someone was notified, but I'm not sure that's really the case. What do I need to do?

So my only options are to create/edit locally and upload via FTP?

That's not acceptable.

I signed up for Windows hosting so I'd have access to the online editing capabilities afforded by Frontpage, Expression Web, and Visual Studio. Without those extensions installed none of those work the way I need them to.

What do you suggest?

Frontpage publishes by FTP, in fact Ms themselves is the one that doesn't do FP extensions on 2008, so don't blame us there.

if you just have to have FP extensions, you will have to turn it off on the plan and once signup goes through have it moved to a 2003 server where you can re-enable it.

But you'd be better served to NOT use frontpage extensions, they are a legacy that needs to die.

My mom has been using FP with FTP and Expression Web with FTP for years now, she got tired of FrontPage breaking and taking her site design with it as it is more than notorious for doing.

Your opinion is noted, but sounds more like sour grapes.

I've used FrontPage extensions for over a decade an never once had any major issues that I couldn't resolve. Granted, the only reason I used them was for connectivity and the ability to edit pages on a live site. I never used any of the plugins or bots, so perhaps those were the source of your/your moms problems.

For what I used them for they worked fine and made live website editing a breeze.

I'll have to look for other options.

Your opinion is noted, but sounds more like sour grapes.

I've used FrontPage extensions for over a decade an never once had any major issues that I couldn't resolve. Granted, the only reason I used them was for connectivity and the ability to edit pages on a live site. I never used any of the plugins or bots, so perhaps those were the source of your/your moms problems.

For what I used them for they worked fine and made live website editing a breeze.

I'll have to look for other options.

it isn't sour grapes, it is from having to admin them for years, they are a horrible solution :)

Shared borders were the ahhhhh.. don't even get me started.

But yes Ms dropped Frontpage extensions with 2003, and they are not even supported now on the 2003 platform, but we still install it. it just means no security patches etc if there is an issue. As mentioned, if you really want to use the frontpage extensions, just disable to make the account and then we can move you to a 2003 server where they will work and you can enable it then.

Back