Unable to receive emails from GMAIL

I created a ticket [JH #GSU-13328-951] but maybe somebody else experienced this problem.

Some GMAIL users can not send email to our domain in JodoHost.

Any ideas?

Emails are bounced back with this message:
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[[email protected]]

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 10): 554 sorry, your envelope sender is in my badmailfrom list (#5.7.1)

We have been experiencing the same problem. Email coming from GMail to one of our Jodohost accounts continually bounce with the same error message lanzagaz is receiving.

That is the current status of his ticket that I mentioned in reference to his post and ticket number he has provided.

It's weird. I can send from any of my GMail accounts to any of my Jodohost accounts. But our office manager can't send to any of our Jodohost accounts from our company GMail account. And now some clients have tried sending emails to the Jodohost account, but they get bounced as well.

We have sent the form in for allowing more than 50 sends per day, but I don't know what that has to do with anything as these are incoming emails.

It's a really strange thing. I am not inclined to think this is a JH email server problem, I tend to think it is something on the GMail end, but can't put a finger on what could be causing this. It's intermittent and hard to pin down, but is getting worse. Since it now appears we are not alone in this phenomena, it may be a combination of things that apart seem innocent enough, but together cause a problem.

Good Oyster said:
It's weird. I can send from any of my GMail accounts to any of my Jodohost accounts. But our office manager can't send to any of our Jodohost accounts from our company GMail account. And now some clients have tried sending emails to the Jodohost account, but they get bounced as well.

We have sent the form in for allowing more than 50 sends per day, but I don't know what that has to do with anything as these are incoming emails.

It's a really strange thing. I am not inclined to think this is a JH email server problem, I tend to think it is something on the GMail end, but can't put a finger on what could be causing this. It's intermittent and hard to pin down, but is getting worse. Since it now appears we are not alone in this phenomena, it may be a combination of things that apart seem innocent enough, but together cause a problem.

I really really think this is from the GMail end. The error you are getting is from the GMail mail server I believe, not our's. And that indicates a general issue on their mailserver.

This has NOTHING to do with the mass-mailing, since that controls outgoing email from our mailserver and yes indeed you'd receive that message if you sent more than 100 emails per day and didnt fill out that form. But it seems you are getting the exact same message from gmail adding to the confusion

Just to add some information to the mystery.

We have about 15 GMAIL accounts because we use GMAIL for our company's messaging, and we use our hosted domain at JodoHost to forward all emails to the different accounts in gmail.

So all incoming emails to [email protected] are forwarded to [email protected] (This works perfectly)

In 4 of those gmail accounts 100% of the outgoing emails to MyDomain.com (Hosted in JodoHost) are bounced back but emails sent to any other domains don't have any problems.

All the other gmail accounts are not bounced at all when sending to the same email account.

Searching in the gmail forums haven't found any reference to this problem.

Any ideas?

But isn't it weird that only bounces back when emails are sent to my domain only?

I feel like a lottery winner.

Please check the ticket and Jodo's email server to see if there is any rules for those users. In the ticket is included one of the addresses.

Thank you

I get almost the same error message when sending emails to at least two of my domains that are hosted at JH.

"Reporting-MTA: dns;karen-sgib206p9
Received-From-MTA: dns;karen-sgib206p9
Arrival-Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 07:24:04 -0400

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 sorry, your envelope sender is in my badmailfrom list (#5.7.1)
"

"Reporting-MTA: dns; mail.loqal.no
Arrival-Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 20:52:07 +0200 (CEST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [email protected]
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; host mail.midnightwebsolutions.com[204.14.107.1]
said: 554 sorry, your envelope sender is in my badmailfrom list (#5.7.1)
"

But it does not happen every time...

What can be the problem?

That is totally different, that is the spamcontrol patch on the mailserver, you will need to submit the mass mailing agreement to have your domain added to the ignore list.

Stephen said:
That is totally different, that is the spamcontrol patch on the mailserver, you will need to submit the mass mailing agreement to have your domain added to the ignore list.

The what???
Where can I find this?

Back