Using StoreFront 5 on Windows Servers

Hi Folks,

I am currently working with a number of different Windows Hosts ( Including H-Sphere) I have a tool that I like to use to develop E-Commerce shopping cart type sites called StoreFront 5 Many Windows hosts have no problem running this application...however some do. For those that do have a problem there is a fix that needs to be run on the server that is called "StoreFront Server Component" More information can be seen about this here:

http://support.storefront.net/Resources/kbase/kbase.asp?ID=165&VIEW=YES

So My question is this:

Do you fully supprt all versions of Storefront on your Windows servers? And are you willing to setup the "StoreFront Server Component" if needed?

I am looking to move and consolidate all my hosts under one H-Sphere plan.

Thanks!

Hi Folks,

Sorry but I need to "bump up" this post. I was really hoping to get a response to this question from someone from JodoHost before I make my final decision on a new H-Sphere host.

Is there something I can do to phrase the original question better? Please let me know if I can provide any additional information..or if I need to word the question differently. ;)

We have setup one storefront before, but there were some issues, I will need to look into it again before I can give you an affirmantive or negative answer, but today has been madness setting up a load of new equipment

Probably not if that is the case!

I have hosts that have no problem with the way they have their servers configured so as to run Storefront... and others that do have a problem. It's probably about a 3 to 1 ratio (3 able to run it with no problems...1 needing to setup the server components) I just cannot afford to pick any hosts though that can't or won't enable it to run. It is way too important for my business.

inthemarket, it is more the way it works with hsphere that I am concerned about.

The .Net version will be fine for sure, The 5.5 version will work, but 5.0 will not.

Thank You Stephen!

Actually i have the last version of 5 (which is 5.5) so that is great news to me!

When I do new e-commerce stores I use a totally different asp.net product now..but the difficulty is in that I have quite a few that already were created with StoreFront..and it is hard converting them over.

Thank you again for looking into this for me..much appreciated and you wiill see me signing up soon as a customer!

Back