Utilize Dedicated IPs

TechNet

Guppy
I am interested in the Reseller ValuHost plan with 5 dedicated IPs. I will be hosting close to ten domains, what is the best way to utilize or assign the 5 dedicated IP addresses?

Thanks
Marc

Hi

Once you set your reseller account, you could simply switch upto 5 domains to dedicated IPs. If you want to switch all 10 domains to dedicated IPs, you'd need to pay $2.5/month extra

Yash said:
Hi

Once you set your reseller account, you could simply switch upto 5 domains to dedicated IPs. If you want to switch all 10 domains to dedicated IPs, you'd need to pay $2.5/month extra

Is there any advantage to doing that? I was considering switching my service domain and my company domain to dedicated ips.

Another question:

If i have a domain alias setup and the domain it is attached to mx record points to a mail server elsewhere would the alias mail point to that mx record as well?

Thanks

Is there any advantage to doing that? I was considering switching my service domain and my company domain to dedicated ips.

No, there is not much reason to make everything a dedicated IP, only if running SSL secure sites really.

Another question:

If i have a domain alias setup and the domain it is attached to mx record points to a mail server elsewhere would the alias mail point to that mx record as well?

That is a great question, and I think the alias mail would not, but need to check in more detail, that again is a great question. It will take a while to answer. :)

Back