Web 6 Socket Errors Every Day

idano

Guppy
I have been dealing with this issue for over 2 weeks now.

Every time it is the same thing - I go to one of my sites and it will not load. I go to Jodo host and check out the sever status on Web 6. It will have this socket error:

HTTP ADV PHP Check Error: Socket Error # 10060 Connection timed out. (#2) 21071 ms

I will try to get to support via chat but by the time that I do the error is fixed.

I submitted a ticket on this. The response was - contact support via chat.

I feel like a cat chasing it's tail as this has been happening EVERY DAY for the last 2 weeks. It is completely useless for me to try and contact support via chat because 1.) It goes away by the time they answer, and 2.) They are limited to what they can do. All they say is "We do not see an issues on that server".

Don't you guys have log files on the servers that you can see that these errors are happening? Why do I, the customer, have to chase this down with you? As mentioned in my ticket #DMP-94175-537 I have lost money due to the fact that people cannot get to my site when it is down.

Please let me know what I am supposed to do to get this issue resolved. X(

It must be better now on. There was an extremely busy website and they just moved on to their own "dedicated" server. We had to give them time to get things setup and tested at their new place.
Do let me know if you see any more problems and sorry for all inconvenience.

It just happened this morning.

That is why I updated my ticket and wrote this post. Do you guys have log files that you look at to identify issues like this?

We get notified in max 1 min of an issue. Please let me know time (in EST if possible) when you saw this timeout.

It was about 10am CST so I guess that would make it 11am EST.

I guess this means you do not have log files to look at then.

yes we have lots of logs, but they rotate every hour so we have to know what time it happened :)

There has been no "timeout" as per our system for the time you mentioned. There was a slow response alert for http, for which you could have seen something like "Warning:slow". This happened at 11:29AM EST and resolved itself at 11:32AM. We are working with yet another client who is running a busy forum but I still didnt notice any major problem today.

There is an issue with the way that your logs are working then. I copied and pasted this from your status screen at the time that I could not connect:

HTTP ADV PHP Check Error: Socket Error # 10060 Connection timed out. (#2) 21071 ms

Are your logs capable of showing this type of error?

If what you pasted is from our own system, so yes, this is max possible for 1 check and not more. And issue got resolved while it was being evaluated by the admin. Let us know if you see more of them.

This is my point, I have been seeing these everyday for the last 2 weeks. Are you telling me that this is normal then?

Please read my first reply to your post. It clearly says the client causing issue has "just" moved to his own dedicated server.
To be specific he moved approx 24 hours back.

We are going round and round.

Today was no different then any other day. It seems that moving that 1 particular customer did not change anything from yesterday to today.

I just need to know if you are actually going to do anything about this or not. That way I can decide what I am going to do.

The fact remains that I, as a customer, do not appreciate having to go over the same issue again and again without a resolution.

We arent going in circles :)
I certainely meant that we are working on it and have it almost resolved. All i added were a few facts to support my claim, so you are aware what is going on and dont feel like plain old reply as you saw in ticket. Please let me know if i'm not understading and I'll try to make myself clear.

Back