Web wiz access database

Gemma

Guppy
I'm tranferring my website to jodohost and have a few questions about moving my access database for WWF.

Firstly where should I put the database for security ?( My previous host had a 'private' folder for MS Access .mdb files.

Secondly, I know I'll have to change the path to the database in WWF, but are there any other things I'll need to do to get the forums up and running. I've enabled asp and OBDC drivers on my account.

If anyone can advise or direct me to where I can find information it would be much appreciated

Ta

Gemma

if you login to the FTP and where you see your Domain name, folder... if you create a folder in that level not within the site folder.. its secure (above the root directory of the site).

you can use the physical path to access the database, most likey it is D:\hshome\CPusername (what server are you on?)

apart from that it should be ok, if you want to use CDOSYS mail component you may need to eidt the send mail file, to allow for email authentication.

Re: Physical path??

Emagine said:
you can use the physical path to access the database, most likey it is D:\hshome\CPusername (what server are you on?)

I saw on my cp:
D:\HOME\etc.

instead of D:\HSHOME

PLease, could someone drop a line of confirmation here?
Thanks

yes if above your root folder it is secure, you can create folkders above the root folder and they will be secure.

also yes hs and hshomwe are both ok, depending on your set up.. i belive within the set up from a reseller account you can change teh name from Home to HShome or anything else you wish.

not sure on that but think i saw it, but yes hs and hshome are ok.

Folders are ALL in a \hshome, never \home, most at d:\hshome(not MOST, not all)

stephen when i go into a clients details section (from a search and click the account number).

it shows the path for the client and it says D:\home\xxxxxxx

xxxxx = masked

not hshome.

also checked again ALL accounts under our account are D:\home

is this a reseller feature .?

No, it just shows d:\home, it is NOT in d:\home, always in hshome, Hpshere CP displays incorrectly.

Back