Webalizer acting strange

Scott

Perch
Hiya !

Since a couple of days, I have the impression my Webalizer is acting rather strange. One moment it tells me I've had 240 hits, and one hour later, there were only 20, and there is no trace of 240 anymore (not even when adding the number of the day before...).
The webalizer isn't very important for me, so you don't need to go into reconfiguring it, but I just wanted to notice that it's ... acting weird :(

Is there any date yet on when the other statistics tool would be implemented?

Regards !
Niels

I think this is because the logs were being overwritten for a few days.

I think the problem with the logs was fixed. Is this still happening?

Scott said:
The webalizer isn't very important for me, so you don't need to go into reconfiguring it, but I just wanted to notice that it's ... acting weird :(

but it is important to other people and if the logs are incorrect it is possible we might get charged for bandwidth when in reality you shouldn't be...so it SHOULD be important to you if things in hsphere are not working correctly (although webalizer really isn't hspere but you get my point :)

The sharp increase and then decrease was because of a logging problem, it has been resolved. Sorry for the confusion.

Everything SHOULD be correct now.

Thanks for comments ! I only check my bandwidth usage using HSpere though (don't think Webalizer can act as an official bandwidth-counter as it is an optional component).

No problem for the confusion ! I'm European, so I'm used to be confused ... :evil:

Regards,
Niels

It seems that the logging problem is back. I just checked an the logs are missing the last two digits again. It seems that they have gotten overritten several times again today.

Has there been any further progress on the log problem? My logs have been getting overwritten all weekend. I still have the same ticket open.

Thanks.

Yes, there are a number of logging issues with hSphere and Win2003. We'll be switching our web servers back to Win2000 over these few days beginning with Win4

Back