Webalizer still randomly quitting

Sailor

Perch
I was assured the Webalizer problem was almost fixed. But it's still stopping randomly for several clients - including one who is getting very frustrated with me at this stage because it seems to be stopping frequently. I really don't want to have to check every clients We stats every day to see if they're still working.
Two questions:
Any update on when or if this problem will be fixed?

2) should i continue to open a ticket for each and every client who's Webalizer has stopped? I don't want to swamp support with tickets, but every client I checked so far has issues.

thanks

short answer, parallels doesnt know how to make working stats, plesk does the same thing :( since version 6.5!!

I just encountered this problem for one of my clients.. Webalizer had stopped recording stats sometime in April. hmmm, very troubling. Stats is a rather important aspect of many a web site. I must thank Manish for his honesty, when responding to my ticket, saying it still may stop again unexpectedly. I always prefer to know the truth like that instead of having to guess what's going on.

I might see if I can't create a simple cron job which, say, zips up the raw IIS log every day, which would at least keep a permanent record online until another solution is found.

[ed] Just an idea along those lines - can't we set up a cron job to somehow give Webalizer/AWStats a "shove" every few days just to make sure it always keeps running? How do you guys get it started again? Is there something we can do in cron which will keep it running?

It's not possible to run cron on windows server. We have to manually update webalizer/awstats when we get any ticket for it. HSPHERE runs a schedule task every day on fixed time but i seen many times it stop working as soon as it start.

You can not run any cron or schedule task on windows server. Even we also tried to fix it but we have no good luck.

Windows Scheduler is the 'windows cron'

It's not possible to run cron on windows server.

Sorry, I meant (being a reseller) using cron on a linux account to run a page on each client's site which will update stats for that day. Anyway, if I sort out something useful I'll post my solution.

i am seeing more and more issues with webalizer and have started opening Google Analytics profiles for each site i manage.
Its somewhat of a pain for the clients (being less freindly than just typing in domain.com/webalizer), and i would still like to see the actual issue resolved at some stage.

Has there been any progress with this issue of Webalizer randomly stopping?

It's hard to believe this is happening without Jodo's entire business being inundated with support tickets from every site using Webalizer. What's the story exactly?
1. Is it just a few servers doing this?
2. Are we the only people using Webalizer?
3. Why has it not been an issue in the past, only now?

I realise it's HSphere's fault, blah blah, but what is the solution for *us* and our clients? Please tell me what I can do here to have working stats for my clients. Doesn't matter what it is, I just need a solution.

Has there been any progress with this issue of Webalizer randomly stopping?

It's hard to believe this is happening without Jodo's entire business being inundated with support tickets from every site using Webalizer. What's the story exactly?
1. Is it just a few servers doing this?
2. Are we the only people using Webalizer?
3. Why has it not been an issue in the past, only now?

I realise it's HSphere's fault, blah blah, but what is the solution for *us* and our clients? Please tell me what I can do here to have working stats for my clients. Doesn't matter what it is, I just need a solution.

1. nope every server randomly.
2. Webalizer isn't as widely used as you may think :)
3. It has been an issue since Parallels made changes to it, just as it is on Plesk. I don't know what they do to it, but they break it good. I tried on one server going back to the weblizer version that the 2.3 and first 3.0 versions before Parallels any code changes, and they still gave errors, so I determined the error is NOT in webalizer itself, but in some scheduling means they utilize.

Webalizer isn't as widely used as you may think :)

That's a subtle way of saying I'm being a noob. :tongue:

The problem has been explained, now what's the solution? Are you saying AWStats for everyone and stop using Webalizer?

That's a subtle way of saying I'm being a noob. :tongue:

The problem has been explained, now what's the solution? Are you saying AWStats for everyone and stop using Webalizer?

it would probably be a good idea, and to turn off webalizer so it doesn't delete stats for awstats...had that happen a few times.

btw not saying anything about you being a noobie here...just saying really not quite as widely used as you may think. i don't have exact figures on it, but many people don't have any logging or analysis enabled at all.

Now to turn on NASA TV for launch countdown...

I'm just curious if this issue has been resolved? Or are others still experiencing this?

And if I want to get it working again, should I submit a ticket for the domains in question?

Thanks!

I'm just curious if this issue has been resolved? Or are others still experiencing this?

And if I want to get it working again, should I submit a ticket for the domains in question?

Thanks!
It isn't AS widespread as before, but still can quit, if having an issue do send a ticket.

Bump for an old thread that describes a still existent problem on many servers/domains. Any updates?

I've given up on Webalizer, I now advise my clients to use Google Analytics instead, showing them how whizz-bang amazing it is, everyone is using it, etc etc.

It's just not worth the headache to bother with server-side analytics tools in HSphere. Parallels is obviously uninterested in supporting them.

I've given up on Webalizer, I now advise my clients to use Google Analytics instead, showing them how whizz-bang amazing it is, everyone is using it, etc etc.

It's just not worth the headache to bother with server-side analytics tools in HSphere. Parallels is obviously uninterested in supporting them.

same here

Back