Webmatrix controls not installed?

I created a small access db and a test page in webmatrix and put it on my asp.net enabled site. I am getting the following error.

It hints that Microsoft.Matrix.Framework is not installed properly on the server. Anyone tried that?

Thanks,
Sanjay

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: File or assembly name Microsoft.Matrix.Framework, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="C#" %>
Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="wmx" Namespace="Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Web.UI" Assembly="Microsoft.Matrix.Framework, Version=0.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6f763c9966660626" %>
Line 3: <script runat="server">
Line 4:

I did some research on the web and it seems that a webmatrix related dll must be put in the bin folder. What does a bin folder mean? Is it the bin folder of the web site or the system as a whole? I guess this is a question for Yash.

Thanks,
Sanjay

Well, I fixed this by copying the DLL into a bin folder off the root of the web site. Now, it is running better and gives error on the mdb database not found. What should be the path from the root of my mdb?

/myuserid/mydomain/...?

doesn't work. How should I use Server.MapPath?

A physical path would to your root would be c:\hshome\ftplogin\

I don't know how to use .MapPath in ASP.NET

I have the same problem and I would like to try to copy the dll to fix the problem but where did you find it and what's is name?

Just make a folder named "bin" in the root of your web site. Then copy the file Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Dll in it.

How do you upload to the web site? Do you use ftp? Suppose your web site is mysite.com then you will see that folder when you login to ftp to upload your files. Go into that folder mysite.com and make a new folder bin under it. Then upload the file that you will find in your local webmatrix folder (where you installed webmatrix) under Framework subfolder.

Back