WebShell and zip

StPatrick

Perch
Just a small suggestions :)

I've noticed that tar/gz is not working in WebShell, well, but zip do. Now there is a button in the top menu "Archive" that tries to "tgz" selected files, which is not working of course. Maybe it is possible to change it to work with zip instead of tgz?
Very useful for zipping/downloading raw log files for example.

I think tar/gz only works on Linux. The software was designed by PSoft (www.psoft.com) and comes with HSphere. I'll pass this on to them

Bliss said:
How do you .zip the files?
Well as far as I found out, you can only zip one file at a time. To do this, just click on the file and on the right panel you'll see a button ".zip". Note this is not working for folders :)

StPatrick said:
Well as far as I found out, you can only zip one file at a time. To do this, just click on the file and on the right panel you'll see a button ".zip". Note this is not working for folders :)
Thanks. Darn, I was going to zip my whole site as a backup.

I just use FTP Explorer and move all the files/folders from its window and drop it into a local ZIP folder. FTP Explorer gives you an interface just like Windows Explorer, so drag-drop features work like you'd expect.
-Dave

WineIsGood said:
I just use FTP Explorer and move all the files/folders from its window and drop it into a local ZIP folder. FTP Explorer gives you an interface just like Windows Explorer, so drag-drop features work like you'd expect.
-Dave
Well, this is what I do too - downloading files and zipping/working with them locally, but if you had a feature to zip them on the server, it would reduce the time for downloading :) Not that I can't live without it, but it is nice :)

Back