What do i need to do to get support????

Amjad

Perch
With a problem that i have for the last 5 days, i opend tickets to get it resolved but all i am getting is try this and that and see if it work.

The same problem has beed discussed on the form http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=260&highlight=custom+error
without a sulotion, I posted the problem on the forum but i did not see Yash jump on it like he jumps on other problems posted by other people, What make those guys so special that they get attention more than others?
Does this mean that Jodo has enough customers and the do not care about new customers?
I even sent a message through this forum to Yash and i ahave not heard any thing for the past 2 days, i am getting to the point of getting another host all together, any recomendations welcome.

Amjad

Hi Ajmad

I'm very sorry if you feel that way. Your issue is actually very complicated. We've been trying to get custom errors to work with asp and php for quite sometime now but it just doesn't work. However, it seems we may have a solution this time around...

We are working on the problem, thats why you didnt receive a response

Thank you Yash,

I understand that you are looking for a solution, but the same problem was discussed on this forum back on 07-16-03, So how long is going to take to have a solution?

Amjad

I am hoping it will be resolved in 24 hours but this is the sort of issue that may take longer. The problem is that IIS won't execute a dynamic page when called from a 500 or 404 error.. it just treats it as html. We went through Microsoft's KB and their there solution hasn't worked

And Amjad, I didn't receive your email. I care about our Value customers more than our Titanium customers because they are the people that refer other people to us :)

Amjad,

Every customer is precious to JodoHost. We know, if we do not serve our customer well then we should not be in this business at all.

However some issues (just like yours) sometime takes longer.

[...Does this mean that Jodo has enough customers and the do not care about new customers?...Amjad[/QUOTE]

atulkumar, Yash,

I am glad to hear that, this is the main reason i am hosting my site with you.

With my other host, the uptime is great but the support suck, and that is what i am looking for.

Thanks for your post.

Amjad

Yash said:
I am hoping it will be resolved in 24 hours but this is the sort of issue that may take longer. The problem is that IIS won't execute a dynamic page when called from a 500 or 404 error.. it just treats it as html. We went through Microsoft's KB and their there solution hasn't worked

And Amjad, I didn't receive your email. I care about our Value customers more than our Titanium customers because they are the people that refer other people to us :)

Yash, can you explain what you mean by IIS won't execute dynamic page from a 500 or 404 error? I am using a dynamic ASP page for 404 and 500 on my local development machine without any problem.

I am interested in having a custom error page on my site, how do i enable it? Or you are still working on it.

Let me know if i can be any help.

Danial

Danial,

It has not been fixed as of this post.
I am not sure either what Yash means by that, i have my 2 computers that are excuting the custom error page and all i have to do is tell iis to use my 404.asp instead of the default error.

I am woundering if my site is on 2003 or 2000 server, if it is on 2003 i would like to be moved to 2000 server, i do not much about 2003 and it is an assumption that might be the problem. (just thinking out loud)

Amjad

Ajmad, we are still working on this issue.. I can assure you of that

What I mean is that IIS simply won't execute an asp or php page on a 4404 or500 error. It treats it as HTML

On my Windows XP Pro (IIS 5.1 I believe) machine it shows the following behavior:

When I set an error message to a certain ASP file, it is treated as plain text like Yash says.
When I refer to the same ASP page using an URL, the script is actually processed.

I don't see a problem with setting the error page to a URL (they can be relative, and you're not actually redirected), but I suppose H-Sphere only allows for File error pages? ;)

Yash said:

Yash,

Any hope yet?

Amjad

No :(
We'll do this manually for you.
Update your ticket with a request to change your error page manually in IIS to reflect your URL. I'll follow up on this. It will be a temporary solution at least till Hsphere takes this into account

Yash said:
No :(
We'll do this manually for you.
Update your ticket with a request to change your error page manually in IIS to reflect your URL. I'll follow up on this. It will be a temporary solution at least till Hsphere takes this into account

You mean there is a temporary solution to this?
how come you did not tell me that 5 days ago.

Amjad

Yash,

Ticket #6552 has been submited, i recieved a reply that the path was set, but the problem is not solved.

What happend to the 24 hours?

Back