What time?

In this topic you are warning us about downtime at midnight. In the email i received it says 12PM est.

12PM is noon, 12AM is midnight. So which one is it?

http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=7174

conflicts with:

Code:
Network Router Maintenance:
Maintenance Start: 12 PM EST (GMT - 5), Saturday
Downtime: Less than 15 minutes

We are upgrading the core router Network Processing Engine on our CISCO Router.
With this upgrade we will be increasing our total network capacity by over 300% and soon adding another gigabit fiber connection for a total failover solution.

It is midnight, Yash sent out that second one and made that mistake, sorry.

It IS MIDNIGHT Saturday Night/Sunday Morning, however you wish to look at it, 12:01am would be Sunday Morning :D

ouch, bad mistake by me. I'll clarify that in another announcement 12 hours prior to the outage

12:00 (or 00:00 if using a 24 hour clock) is neither AM or PM. Use "Noon" or "Midnight" as proper terms.

"a.m" and "p.m." are abbreviations for "ante meridiem" and "post meridiem." They mean "before noon" and "after noon," respectively. Noon is neither before or after noon; it is simply noon. Therefore, neither the "a.m." nor "p.m." designation is correct. On the other hand, midnight is both 12 hours before noon and 12 hours after noon. Therefore, either 12 a.m. or 12 p.m. could work as a designation for midnight, but both would be ambiguous as to the date intended.
Sources:
National Institute of Standards and Technology

National Maritime Museum, Greenwich, London

Well I think at 2:00 am East Coast Sunday the clocks get turned back an hour! So if by chance the upgrades were to take 2 hours..it really would only be one! :D

Ooops..since the clocks will be turned *ahead* one hour...then never mind! :tongue:

Back