Where is my DB???

I went to my site this morning to find out that my DB is missing! What is the story here. I have been down all morning and this is not the first time this has happened... What's up?

Our database administrator is looking into this.
We never deleted your database I'm not sure how it could have disappeared just like that.

According to the Control panel it is still there... Just looks like this:

Database/Transaction Log file quota ratio 20 %
Used database file not available MB out of not available MB
Used transaction log file not available MB out of not available MB
Used total not available MB out of not available MB

fixed

We tested our new backup software today and it accidently took your database offline. We turned it on. Your database was not unavailable all day. The backup program was run only an hour ago when it abnormally terminated at your database leaving it offline

This won't happen again

Uhm... yeah the DB is back, but login fails...

And I have been promissed that the transaction log will be truncated and shrunk... Was told some great new software would take care of this (on Wednesday - it is now Friday). Still hasn't happened and I am approaching my limits... Whats the story?

coldfusionman said:
Uhm... yeah the DB is back, but login fails...

And I have been promissed that the transaction log will be truncated and shrunk... Was told some great new software would take care of this (on Wednesday - it is now Friday). Still hasn't happened and I am approaching my limits... Whats the story?

your database was backed up. No need to truncate the log file. The log file is now going to be backed up every 24 hours by this program which would clear it out. There would be no need to increase your log file quota then

Back