Will Jodo host support this new portal?

William

Guppy
I'm thinking about installing soop portal. I'm not sure is Jodo host meets the requirments. At first glance it looks like Jodo Host covers my needs. Please take a look and let me know if I missed somthing please.

This is a list of Essential and Optional Requirements for SooP. Remember that this list does not feature requirements for any 3rd Party Mods!

Essentials
The portal will not run if any of these requirements are not met.

SOOP needs to be run on a Microsoft Windows based operating system. I wouldnt even try to run it on Linux as it wont be as efficient and might have certain conflicts in the VB-Scripting environment.

Write permission for the database and the directory located in it.

Access 2000 or MS SQL2000 Server.

If you are going to host the site on a Microsoft Windows 2003 server, there is a known issue between ASP/Access/Jet drivers on Microsoft Windows 2003 as well as MS SQL Server 2000. Microsoft have released updates to this. They have to be installed on the server, else you will experience locks up using MS Access 2000 and very slow processing times if using MS SQL Server 2000.

SOOP 1.50 Beta 2 will not run on a server that has an international language as its base. This issue has been rectified and will be released with beta3.

Optional Features

These are features that you can either turn off or that only the Admin may need. The portal will run without these requirements, although it will lack some features.

Write permission in the root directory in order to the use the File-Based Page Creator.

Write permission in the folder specified for avatars, images and files - This is set in the forum configuration section.

Write permission in the /images directory for banner uploads.

Write permission in the entire site for the File Manager.

Email component like (CDONTS, CDOSYS, aspEmail, aspMail, Jmail) - This is required for any emailing from the forum.

Upload component (ASPUpload, Dudas upload, SA FileUp, SmartUpload) - This is required for uploading files, images, and avatars.

MSXSML component if RSS needs to be used (Newsfeeds).

Back