Win-17 not responding

Windows is just going and going on the loading screen, we will be checking into this and getting resolved. Win17 is a very lightly loaded server as it was setup almost the same time as the launch of win18(2008) as the final 2003 server

Server has been up for 7 minutes now, we are checking logs on it and making sure tonights backup was completed properly.

The slowness resolved, the backups did not complete but going again now and being watch closely. I am going to head out of the datacenter now but be on standby if needed. We may have to address a hardware issue here as it was hung up twice in the last 24 hours one for a shorter time as we had the staffer onsite at the time and it was just a few minutes, then this one tonight where I had to drive here to check it in more detail.

This server is a small hardware machine, and not a cloud virtualized one, so there is no shared central storage with other servers on it or a quick swap method.

I am going to remove the server from the rack and onto the workbench zone and start it up there.

I think I know what it happening, the RAID array is having one drive go offline, then another, rebooting it forced them online, they sync up, then one goes off, then the other, making the cycle. We did get a good backup last night however.

I broke the RAID array and trying to boot from there, still dreadfully slow. May end up restoring here...at this point. To new hardware.

I've moved it out of RAID for now, going to bring it up on single drives for data, os, and logs and then we'll work on getting the moves of accounts to other server, so it at least reduces the downtime.

Back