Win 5 migration?

My web sites which were on Win5 are down? I also can't access your support ticket submitting web site. What is happening?

You must be able to visit helpdesk now.
Or just post ticket via email to:
[email protected] (if a reseller)
or
tech support @jodohost.com (if a shared hosting customer)

Just FYI, yours sites have been fully migrated off win5 since last Sunday, and are running on win24.

You can veirfy that by looking at logs, same level of traffic on new server.

Great! It seems to have been a really smooth migration.

BTW, what new features are available now? Do I automatically get asp.net 2.0? If so, how?

Thanks.

Have you seen any problems of backward compatibility with asp.net 1.1 for the customers who made this switch? Just curious before I attempt that.

Thanks.

I mean, can I control whether I use 1.1 or 2.0 from the control panel after the switch just in case a problem occurs?

No it will need to be via ticket to switch.

Most issues would arrise due to security exceptions on asp.net 2, if you have any it could be moved back and reworked on a subdomain or such for 2.0 compatibility, then switched back to 2.0 when it is fully compatible.

I can not access FTP on Win5 since yesterday, i submitted a ticket and i was to told to use win24 instead, it did not work. I was told to wait until the migration complete!!! How long would that take? this thread is open since 7/21.

Amjad

But I don't understand where you need to specify win5 or 24 in your ftp login? I use ftp.mysite.com to login with the same userid/pw and it works without any problem. The switch was quite smooth for me.

But I don't understand where you need to specify win5 or 24 in your ftp login? I use ftp.mysite.com to login with the same userid/pw and it works without any problem. The switch was quite smooth for me.

I use FTP explorer and one of the fields that it asks for is a host address and that is where i provide win5.jodoshared.com.

I just tried ftp.mysite.com and it displayed my site, it did not ask me to log in, my there is something that need to be set up to be able to do that.

Amjad

Also when i try to access the files using the file manager in the CP it give me this
FATAL :: unable to connect to localhost

All that was working until last night around 7 pm CST and it just stopped working, i have no way of uploading files to my site.

There are only 3 accounts still on win5, they are having a problem in moving to win24 when we start it, it stays at the pre move state forever, we are working to move them off win5 to win24 like the others, but have run into some problems.

Stephen,

Can I confirm from my control panel whether my account is moved to win24? If not, how to find out?

Thanks,
Sanjay

Just go to your FTP user in Control Panel

Under host name it will show you which server you are on.

Thanks. That shows win12. I was under the impression my account was moved to win24. Is Win12 too asp.net 2.0 capable?

win12? Are you sure you checked the right account? Win5 accoutns were moved to win24 :)

I guess there is some chance of a mistake in selecting servers for the move, but it should not be win12

Back