Win11 Odd ASP.NET issue - Resolved

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
We are seeing that some functions are returning a method Invalid on win11 and checking it out in detail now, it just started about 12 minutes ago and trying to find the cause, no config changes were made.

Re: Win11 Odd ASP.NET issue

We are seeing that some functions are returning a method Invalid on win11 and checking it out in detail now, it just started about 12 minutes ago and trying to find the cause, no config changes were made.
Many websites custom coded are working fine, it does seem to have some function that DotNetNuke uses throwing an error however and we are working to find the cause of this matter.

Many websites custom coded are working fine, it does seem to have some function that DotNetNuke uses throwing an error however and we are working to find the cause of this matter.

I have tried a number of options, no files have changed recently and I am at a bit of a loss, i am going to reboot now to try and resolve this.

I have tried a number of options, no files have changed recently and I am at a bit of a loss, i am going to reboot now to try and resolve this.

A reboot did not help, we are going to have to reinstall asp.net 1.1 on this machine I am taking a metabase backup now so that it can be restored to the current config after the reinstall is done.

There may be some minutes of IIS outage during this time but I will work to keep as minimal as possible.

A reboot did not help, we are going to have to reinstall asp.net 1.1 on this machine I am taking a metabase backup now so that it can be restored to the current config after the reinstall is done.

There may be some minutes of IIS outage during this time but I will work to keep as minimal as possible.

ASPNET has been uninstalled, now being reinstalled and it has IIS down for a moment in the process.

ASPNET has been uninstalled, now being reinstalled and it has IIS down for a moment in the process.

ASP has been up for a very long time, ASP.NET I have not having any success.
Hsphere will not even start(it is an asp.net process) this issue is VERY odd and never before seen by myself and many others I am consulting with to get advice.

It is not accepting anything I do to re-install or otherwise work properly with ASP.NET.

ASP has been up for a very long time, ASP.NET I have not having any success.
Hsphere will not even start(it is an asp.net process) this issue is VERY odd and never before seen by myself and many others I am consulting with to get advice.

It is not accepting anything I do to re-install or otherwise work properly with ASP.NET.

We are back up and in operation, I give great thanks to gacutil and being able to reload all GAC from the default 1.1 SP1 install as it was the hidden key.

We are back up and in operation, I give great thanks to gacutil and being able to reload all GAC from the default 1.1 SP1 install as it was the hidden key.
I have now verified DNN sites are up and running properly as well now.

This is the first time I have ever seen such and issue and do believe it may have been related to the attempt to upgrade to ASP.NET 3.5 the delayed problems however are a bit puzzling, but after updating the GAC we are back working properly and fully.

Back