Win13 - major abuse making slowness

Win13 is again acting up near the same timeframe, it seems to be chocking badly on logs form what we have been able to determine with the patterns and processing.

We had in control then it went to very slow again, and it is just crawling. We are worknig to get in control, and we will be starting a sync of data on it ASAP.

I have temporarily disabled the network on win13 as I am trying to isolate what is happening and stop it.

without the network we are having proper operations of the server, so there is surely an issue other than traffic, that is coming in on the network side making the slowdowns.

ok, I hope to start the network again soon but it seems to have gotten slammed by a spammer sneidng not only emails, but very large emails, so there are a very large amount of large emails in queue killing server for everyone.

I have cleaned that but it actually wasn't that many, only about 60 large mails, and looked to be newsletter, working in a small limited view a bit distorted the amount it seemed to be, I have enabled network now and working to bring things up, but this issue is very odd.

We will be moving this one ASAP in any case, but it is very high priority now.

The server is so slow now, I am looking at restoring from backups and migrating. This isn't the route I wanted to go, as I'd love some sleep, but it seems there is no choice now.

Back