Win21 IIS slow checking

Well I was going to reboot the server but the APC is also not working exactly right any not taking the enter key when I press it.

Pratik will be trying to work on win21 IIS and server in general, while I head to the datacenter.

Win21 has been back in full for about 10 minutes now. I was no the way here and it self recovered, I am checking further now. no reboot was done.

Wow there was a massive bombardment of authentication requests on HTTP and FTP at the same time on win21, for about 8 minutes, this looks ot be the cause of IIS slowing down. I am blocking a large number of IPs that particiated in this attack now.

I have blocked the main source IPs and down from over 10000 invalid requests a minute to just 2-3, the server can easily handle much mroe than 2-3 invlaid requests, but was getting bogged with masses of them.

FTP will be disabled for a while on win21 to help mitigate this, while i track the incoming IPs.

We are back up now and hopefully the worst of this attack is behind. I will stay logged in and keeping close eye on the logs for more attacking IPs.

Going well since the last post, I am not calling it closed yet, as I am still monitoring it closely, but server is doing fine.

There was just a blip on the network as some new blocks took place. This was unintentional to cause s brief network drop drop, but needed to continue blocking more attacking IPs.

Back