Win23 ping down - NIC changed

Re: Win23 ping down

I caught it on KVM as it was blue screning due to a network error, it had the backup running when the network went down and seems it sent the NIC drivers spinning, it is coming back up now.

it is up now, we will keep a close eye.
I am pretty confident it was due to the switch falling and sending tons of errors back to the system during the backup process.

we rebooted server properly from kvm and may need to change IP other NIC if continues again.

This has happened again, we will be moving this to the other NIC within the next 1.5 hours it will generate a short outage as we work on it form KVM to get it bakc up and move the dedicated IP. I will post more information when that time comes, but for now I am planning it for noon EST.

This is very odd as only an error the first time, since then it has remained up and I have reboot it properly from the kvm console. I am bringing it back up in the meantime and will do the NIC changeover in a more orderly fashion.

This has happened again, we will be moving this to the other NIC within the next 1.5 hours it will generate a short outage as we work on it form KVM to get it back up and move the dedicated IP. I will post more information when that time comes, but for now I am planning it for noon EST.

This is very odd as only an error the first time, since then it has remained up and I have reboot it properly from the kvm console. I am bringing it back up in the meantime and will do the NIC changeover in a more orderly fashion.

The server is up, I am working to get the changeover of the NIC scheduled as well, same time should be good, I will post otherwise if needed.

This change will be made in the next 8 to 20 minutes now. There will be about a 3-8 minute outage as we remove the IPs from the old interface and assign to the new.

the main ip, shared ip, and many dedicated ip sites up but still a handful down will be up in the coming minutes.

Will be done now in next 2 minutes, had my own local connection go down for a bit that caused some minor delay in adding dedicated IP sites back in.

Deicated IPs should all be up I am going back and doing an audit to ensure all are pinging now as well.

Double checked, found one IP not pinging, re-added it and 100% migrated to new NIC now.

What a day, after working flawlessly for hours it seems to be having this same issue again, the server is up and running perfectly off-network, but network functions won't allow me to make commands, so it does seem like a server side and not switch side problem (like I tried disabling the network and re-enabling, it did not do anything to disable it)

I am checking further in depth here and looking for any possible driver conflict as well.

Win23 will be back up in less than 60 seconds, during the reboot I caught it and went into bios to check all memory and PCI-X settings and adjusted a few minor things.

It has been up since a few seconds after my last post, I have installed a new nic drivers and a new AMD driver for the board as well, I am hoping not to have to reboot it again but the AMD driver says it needs a reboot to start working.
If there is need for another reboot this will come in on the reboot, but I am hoping there is no such need :)

Back