Win34 - RESOLVED - changed motherboard, upgraded CPU and RAM!

Pratik

SkyWalker
Staff member
Win34 is rebooting itself it seems we are checking it out to see what is causing this. Currently its up but we are checking it to see what caused this.

Changed out the entire motherboard, all nic etc, and rebooting now to make sure drivers synced up, then we will be putting back in production.

Ugh, have run into a huge annoyance about Windows 2008 non R2 and user list display

Dang this is frustrating on 2008 before r2 it has a drop down/uge display list of users to click to login with NO ABILITY to type the username, since the user is not shown there, and all the users showing are standard users I cannot get in. I cannot setup the nic IP to get in remove where it allows, and I cannot set a local policy to change this because that needs administrator access as well, what a crock this all is....may have to do a DHCP server just to get in, crazy!

Wow I hate non R2 windows 2008 with a passion :(

I have hardware going well, we are 100% to windows being a pain now, cannot even login to safe mode since it won't let me TYPE the login name on local login. I need local login to assign network settings to new NICs. They are not picking up even from DHCP so can't get in that way remote either, security is a pain sometimes, but more of a pain when you can't login to your own machine locally.

well looks like i have to swap back to the old hardware and pray it boots one more time, get local policy set since there is no stinking way to override and type a username in non R2 windows 2008.

old hardware worked long enough to at least allow me to change the username to something that will show up first. I am now trying to make it so I can type the username.

This is a hardware server, not a cloud server, with a cloud it would have been much simpler to resolve this issue.

Ping is up now on new hardware, we will need one final reboot as I did not have net access to install the new NIC chipset drivers, but used the 2nd nic on a different chipset which it had loaded thankfully.

Sites up at moment, all IPs mounted, the reboot has not happened yet still loading drivers there.

Win34 is being rebooted for the NIC and mainboard drivers installation to complete and then we will be set! Along with this over 1.2Gghz CPU upgrade and 4GB more RAM added to the server while in, so should be a significant upgrade while at it!

Back