win38 sites down almost 2 hours

We did send the reply but it seems you never got the reply. The issue was fixed and replied, we are really sorry that you were not able to get our message in time. We shall take this up with our support team. Also note that you can send a message to management anytime and its seen faster than forum using the helpline AT jodohost.com address.

Regards
Pratik

I appreciate that, however these sites are down again, this time for over 3 hours now. (I have a ticket in, and email to helpline.)

The problem would seem to be a lockup in the application pool? I have had this problem before, but win38 and 39 seem to be more prone to it than others. It's certainly happening a lot more often than it did on these sites than the servers they were moved from. I hope that's going to be rectified.

I've been told it's not possible to monitor each pool independently, but I can certainly monitor my own. I just happened to be sleeping this time when it sent me an email 3 hours ago.... I'd be happy to have my own monitor service email support when ASP stops responding.

We have replied your ticket and sites are up now. We have also made some changes at application pool level setting, so that can prevent these crash.

Unfortunately that has not cured this problem. They are currently up, but in the last 24 hours these sites have been down for approximately 2.5 hours, showing 503 errors each time. See the monitor image attached, just taken. (Easy to spot the three accounts I mean.) This has been typical each day for the last few days. They have been moved to a new application pool at least once, so I'm concerned there is a deeper problem here.

Attachments

• monitor-102813.jpg
    monitor-102813.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 1
We have created a separate application pool and move your all three domains (which you have mention in support ticket) into this application pool. It should help to enhance performance of your domains. However, if pool still crashed then there should be something in your web code which making pool crash. So kindly monitor your domains for next 24 hours and update us back on support ticket or Live Chat for instant assistance.

These sites were transferred from Win 2003 servers, where they've been for many years, and never had any similar problem until moved to win38. They are fairly low-traffic simple Classic ASP sites, and have no unusual processes running or components used, so I doubt if there is any code problem, but I will continue to monitor them. Perhaps the application pool event log can be enabled to help diagnose the problem if it reoccurs. Thanks.

Several changes made now and one was 64bit app pool, that didn't work well for them so moved it back to 32bit...and the DB drivers working right there.

Back