Win5 cycled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riley

Perch
Did you guys just cycle (reboot) win5? I ask because I tried to get to my sites a couple minutes ago (~10:20PM ET) and could not. After looking in the forum for a couple minutes to see if there were any reported problems, I tried my sites again and they worked.

riley

Yes, the network card reset and made the machine unavailable for approx 45 seconds.

I think everyone is now watching you!

I also noticed the reboot. And I also notice your deleting Forum threads at a very fast rate. Have something to hide? Otherwise you would be deleting threads!

And Just so everyone knows how you stand concerning WIN5...

"No, you shouldn't see more reboots..

We had to correct some critical issues during the night on Win5 including FrontPage extensions and the installation of .NET SP1. Both required a quick reboot and both were critical as various errors were being thrown up without them (.NET = outofmemory occasionally).

Things should be back to normal on Win5.
Server is performing very well now, we have put a huge amount of effort into ensuring there is no further issue on it"

This is good, and I hope it's correct! If it does need to be rebooted, start emailing your resellers and give us plenty of time.

Everyone's always watching us tdrought. i do not know what you mean

Stephen explained the 45 second outage, was due to a network card reset and nothing done on our part. Can happen when IPs are added to a network card (by HSphere in this case)

We had to do the .NET SP1 installation and fp extensions as some sites were showing issues. We have performed such installations on test servers and are fully aware of any issues that may happen.

They had to be done immediately as withou them the server was facing issues.

As per our forum policy, please report issues to us via the ticket system and they'll be handled. We may delete it if we find inappropriate. If you have any concerns, feel free to drop me an email

Our company follows standards and procedures that are in conformation with those followed by many hosting companies. If there is an emergency patch we can apply to solve an emergency issue, we will appply it immediately as long as we feel no such issue can propogate from it to other users.

Did you know some hosting company restart windows servers everyday at midnight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back