WinCF Timeouts

manopb

Perch
Hi,
Concerning timeout problems on wincf during the late night/early morning hours (US CENTRAL TIME). What is the status of cause and solution to this problem? Below is a graph expressing the problem.

The Page Delay is the delay, in seconds, before the web server starts responding to a browser hit.
Down Time (vertical red bars) indicates when the server was unresponsive or returned an error.

This is from a 3rd party service monitoring all my sites, in 15 minute intervals, on wincf and all show the same result. I am in a very different geographic location than this service and I also experience problems at the same times.

Thanks

Attachments

• WDgraph.gif
    WDgraph.gif
    9.4 KB · Views: 37
The problem here was with the backup process, I believe I have resolved that here today.

15 minute intervals can be good, but at not always the most accurate, I have not noticed or seen any internal (1 min) outages for more than 2 minutes.

I have the same problem, not directly from accessing CF pages but on uploading to WinCF server, wich gives TimeOut?s after 20 seconds aborting the transfer. This started 2 days ago and remains till up now.
Cp.

manopb said:
Hi,
Concerning timeout problems on wincf during the late night/early morning hours (US CENTRAL TIME). What is the status of cause and solution to this problem? Below is a graph expressing the problem.

Thanks

I attempted an FTP with no problems, it was not huge but lasted about 1 minute total. I did not get disconnected. I am however restarting IIS now to see if this will solve your problem, if it does not, do you have a FTP server setup on your domain/IP, or just using the default FTP?

Stephen said:
I attempted an FTP with no problems, it was not huge but lasted about 1 minute total. I did not get disconnected. I am however restarting IIS now to see if this will solve your problem, if it does not, do you have a FTP server setup on your domain/IP, or just using the default FTP?
I have an FTP server setup on my domain/IP. The problem remains after your post. But as I explained before to the helpdesk, if I upload to Win10 the speed is good without problems at all. My location is Portugal-Lisbon and there is nothing to do with my ISP. Cp.

Ok, I tested to the main ftp server setup, I am going to see if I can find your ticket and get the domain you are having problems with, feel free to PM me with that if you are still on.

Stephen said:
Ok, I tested to the main ftp server setup, I am going to see if I can find your ticket and get the domain you are having problems with, feel free to PM me with that if you are still on.

The ticket is [JH #HPX-74331-410]: Problems in sending emails and ftp?s timeouts

Thank you,

Cp

Carlos, I see the ticket, and I actually see you connected to the ftp server now, it says for 23 minutes and 43 seconds.

Stephen said:
Carlos, I see the ticket, and I actually see you connected to the ftp server now, it says for 23 minutes and 43 seconds.

Yes I?m connected and I tried now once more to upload one file and after 20s the transfer was aborted:

Entering Passive Mode (204,14,107,243,4,232).
Opening data connection IP: 204.14.107.243 PORT: 1256.
STOR INSTALADO VPS - mysql-standard-4.0.25-pc-linux-gnu-i686.tar.gz
125 Data connection already open; Transfer starting.
Connection closed. Timeout (20s).
Connection closed. Timeout (20s).
226 Transfer complete.
NOOP
200 NOOP command successful.

I just replied via PM for permissions to test your account directly. We will need to handle this on ticket from here on out.

Back