WinCF2 DSN problem

I tried to restart the server and it did not come back up after the restart, we have a tech on the way to the the datacenter now

I have restored from a backup and it is still giving a DSN error, I am trying to find what exactly this issue is, we have called about this before, and there are KB article at Adobe about it, all with no resolution, as it is random.

I don't think this is the same issue I have had before, I have restored neo-query and swandm.ini's back for a long time now, and continue to get the same errors.

I have never had one be this stubborn, with CF, I have already reinstalled the ODBC service and all now. I have restored to a 100% known working good file with only 3 DSNs, and it is still giving errors.

This is the time you feel like pulling hair out.

I have been searching tickets to recreate CF DSNs, we had to start over from ground zero with the ODBC Services on CF.

We are working to make a small application that will make the process faster in the future, Yash or Atul will be following up with that.

For now, to have your ColdFusion DSN on WinCF2 recreated, please submit a ticket to support.

For what happened, something corrupted neo-query.xml, and restoring from backups, no matter how many times I did it did not resolve the error saying that the DSNs were undefined. I then uninstalled and reinstalled ODBC services on CF, this also did not resolve, only after I copied fresh empty neo-query.xml and swandm.ini files to get the ODBC services back up.

I copied synced copies back weeks old and none of them worked to bring it back up, I am quite baffled as to how this is the case, but alas the only resolution was the start over.

In addition to this, we have gone to an added method of making CF DSN backups, not just copying the xml and ini files raw, but doing an daily export, this should help in the future as well as anything else.

Most everyone has submitted their DSNs it seems, we are up to just 20KB short of the original DSN list file size.

Thank you everyone for your prompt reply.

Back