WinCF2 - very bad situation (sites are down)

Just discovering that many client websites on WinCF2 are displaying a webpage with logo from some company in Malaysia named "netfusionlabs". This happened after the server hardware & software migration yesterday (sat).

If you have clients on CF2, you better check them ASAP or you're going to be in deep sh** on Monday like I am already today with my clients. I have submitted a ticket and am praying for a quick fix from support.

Also spent a few hours last night working with Jodo support to restore the missing (deleted) DSNs. Not a good weekend for me... Wishing you had better luck than I've had with the migration.

Will be talking to Jodo billing/support tomorrow.

We apologize for your situation. Migrating WinCF2 was a must to ensure better stability/performance for the server.
Your issue should be resolved shortly.

we apologize for it. we are working with parallels(H-sphere) developer to fix this issue.
Also i already Fixed CF DSN issue.

Thanks for escalating the issue with Parallels support team. I hope they respond quickly before too many more clients discover that their websites are completely offline. Thanks for shutting down IIS. I'd rather have the server down than display some other company's logo (Google already indexed a few of the websites which is very bad).

Thanks for fixing the newly discovered DSN tonight. I appreciate your quick response.

about displaying another site, this is a bug that has existed for years, way back to pre 3.0 Hsphere days, where sometimes a shared IP site gets a blank entry in IIS making it reply to unknown domains, which is an issue we have just learned for for a small handful of domains, under a smaller amount of users.

We have a temp fix in place for every domain(or domain alias) that was reported to us, and working now. It is very odd because the amount of domains created matched the old, but somewhere there is a confusion in the Hsphere DB.
If hsphere was communicating to the server properly the fix would be to turn the website function off and on (our support team could do it for you) and it would repair, in this case we've done it manually, and once communications back up we till need to take it down 2-4 minutes, and do this so you have control over the settings again.

Is there any way I can find out from within my reseller cp which customers if any are on cf2 ?

Re: WinCF2 - very bad situation (sites are still down)

I received a message from support that *ALL* the domains I reported to them were now working again (similar to Stephen's message). However, two sites are still down - one is even requiring an authentication screen. Please help!!!

Re: WinCF2 - very bad situation (sites are still down)

I received a message from support that *ALL* the domains I reported to them were now working again (similar to Stephen's message). However, two sites are still down - one is even requiring an authentication screen. Please help!!!
Did you update the ticket?

Edit: Yes you did, and resolved now.

Yes, I updated the ticket and Manish just fixed the two remaining sites a few minutes ago. Thanks to him & Akshay for working to resolve this issue. I don't know how permanent this fix is, but we'll cross that bridge later.

Yes, I updated the ticket and Manish just fixed the two remaining sites a few minutes ago. Thanks to him & Akshay for working to resolve this issue. I don't know how permanent this fix is, but we'll cross that bridge later.
It is a permanent fix, except you cannot control it, once we finally get the Hsphere developers on the case to check the source of this error, we will disable your site in a controlled manner, and ensure it is added properly via hsphere, so then it will be controlled by hsphere, and in the DB properly so such won't happen again.

It is a permanent fix, except you cannot control it, once we finally get the Hsphere developers on the case to check the source of this error, we will disable your site in a controlled manner, and ensure it is added properly via hsphere, so then it will be controlled by hsphere, and in the DB properly so such won't happen again.

Excellent & thanks once again. It is rare for issues this severe to come up, but when they do, your entire support team is always outstanding to work with. :]

Hsphere is now up and running, we can get the domain control issues resolved now, but it is mid day. I am thinking it is best to bump your ticket and do this sometime at night, as it will be best for all then.

Back