winCF3 Windows OS issue - moved all clients to new server

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
It looks like the error we were having with the WinCF3 server(RDP wasn't connecting, it happens sometimes) is not so minor, Windows did a chkdsk on the reboot and 'fixed' some error, seems it also removed the network card drivers on the 2nd reboot and is going a bit haywire. I am working on it now.

Re: winCF3 Windows OS issue - Working to resolve

I have the network and RDP back up now, Remote Desktop is so much faster than working via the remote KVM. I will provide updates as I can.

This doesn't look like it is going to be good, it is crashing trying to access the registry now and rebooting. I am going to be preparing another server to replace this one for a worst case scenario, while still working to bring this one up fully. I feel at this point this will be the best route to take even if I get the server back up due to the nature of the errors in registry.

I have tried a number of options to restore this and it doesn't seem to be cooperating with me at all.
At this point we are going to have to proceed with a restore to a new server.

The core issue is that user logins are not mapping to windows internal system IDs not allowing the server to work after that point.
There are not that many users, or data on this server, and all data is intact for the users drive, it is simply the windows registry that is at fault. I have restored back to several dates and it will work, but upon reboot it reverts to a no mapping registry again. And the services are not starting under the right user IDs preventing the server from coming u and serving pages, so it is a catch22 in getting the IDs back, but not serving, rebooting then starting the process over. As I said before even if I can get it up here it is best at this point to start anew due to the nature of the problem.

I have a small webserver set to serve up a message that there is a maintenance process going and to check back. We are putting all efforts into moving to a new server now.

Files are copying over to a new server now. There is about 17GB of data to transfer across, then we will need to run the recreate and permissions tools.

Files are still copying well, due to IP migration issues I am working that as well(but it is not slowing the file transfer in any way)

The IP migration is nearing completion but the file copy is still going, we are also awaiting the end of the IP migration in hsphere before we can continue this recovery process on the Hsphere side. It is taking longer than expected for the Hsphere migration but the files are still copying here so it is not a delay yet.

I don't want to say it but we are looking at probably another 6 hours before wincf3 is back and BETTER than before.

We will be starting the Hsphere side within the next 30 minutes, the file transfer side is just about done.

:car: Moving along have sites being created on the new server, at the moment the IPs are still bound on the old serving up the service message, that will be going away to turn up live sites in the very near future.

Up and running on the new Dual 2.6Ghz AMD server, looking really good and the sites are fast.

We have checked sites using DSNs and working well, but if you have any issue submit a ticket and we will get it resolved ASAP.

one minor issue I am seeing is that people that do not have a standard index.cfm/default.cfm or index.htm/html or default.htm/html are having some directory indexes problems. We are fixing this if we see it, but you may need to resubmit your directory indexes.

Back