Windows & CF Questions

I'd like to use ColdFusion with MySQL databases. I'd like to host 3 different domains, but allow the 3 domains to access each other's MySQL ColdFusion DSN's.

Example:

myDomain.com has a DSN

myOtherDomain.com needs to access the DSN listed above.

Is this possible?

Also, what can you tell me about how data storage is calculated? Is the amount listed with the plans an overall quota for Web, MySQL and Email combined?

I notice on the plan page that it says you're running "Cold Fusion MX 6.1", not CF MX 7. Is this correct/current? What are your plans for upgradding to MX 7, if at all?

Thanks.

You can access remote MySQL, currently we run CFMX6.1, and plans are for anew CFMX7 server,but it has been delayed a number of times.

Thanks for the replies.

Stephen said:
You can access remote MySQL, currently we run CFMX6.1, and plans are for anew CFMX7 server,but it has been delayed a number of times.

Will 6.1 accounts eventually be upgraded, or will only sites that sign up for CFMX7 be running CFMX7?

There are about 1000 sites hosting on a coldfusion web dual XEON server. This does not include database or email.

CF 6.1 accounts would be automatically upgrade to CF7, but you could request the same

Yash said:
This does not include database or email.

Sorry, but does that mean database and Email are hosted on different servers?

Also, can I get an answer to this one?

Heavy Doody said:
Also, what can you tell me about how data storage is calculated? Is the amount listed with the plans an overall quota for Web, MySQL and Email combined?

Thanks again for your help.

Heavy Doody said:
Sorry, but does that mean database and Email are hosted on different servers?

Yep, of course. We use a clustered system, we run service specific servers. That ensures higher efficiency and reliability. The working is hidden from you as a customer though... You can manage everything from your single Control Panel

Data storage is calculated as the sum of your average web, database and email usage. So yes that would be correct. if you download your email regularly, your actual email usage remains quite low (because once again, its the average usage) so you can 100mb+ emails and yet have your email usage be under 5MB...

Back