WinVPS4 issue - Scheduled Maintenance

Re: WinVPS4 issue

It is back up and the few VPSes on it all back up, we will not be adding more until I have found why a savedump crash happened.

We allowed this server to do a long burn-in process but I believe there is a RAM error, as anytime I do a very intensive process it will cause the server to reboot with a stop error or a savedump

I am going to to schedule a RAM change with the datacenter staff and not continue to do intensive operations until the ram has been changed.

I am mailing the few clients on WinVPS4 the issue and going to let them know the status of this.

The WinVPS4 clients have been mailed except the one that bounced, and we will be performing a RAM change between 7PM and 11PM tonight, there will be about a 15-20 minute outage during the change of RAM.

We will keep this updated with exactly when the change will occur as early as possible.

The datacenter staff will be performing this around 9PM I will try to give further notice as possible.

This will most likley happen around 9:15-9:30PM EST about 30-40 minutes from now.

The server is up with some temporary RAM, we will have to schedule another maintenance in the next week and a half to correct this issue for good.

I am about to run some operations that were crashing the server earlier.

The temporary RAM is working for a fix at this time, so today's maintenance is complete. We will be scheduling another maintenance to upgrade the ram again in a short time. We are having to run with less ram than usual, 4GB at this time. However there are very few VPSes and will remain very few, so performance and RAM guarantees will remain.

Back