Wsdl/Web services

Hey everyone,

Just curious if WSDL services are supported on the base accounts here?

Im looking at developing .net web services and need a host that can do it - can I compile my .net proxies to run the services through here?

All help appreciated.
Cheers,
John

We don't allow proxies to be run. But if WSDL to communicate for E-Commerce or API , that we do allow.

Ravi, I found this yesterday:

"Client Proxy Class

A proxy class is a class containing all of the methods and objects exposed by the Web service. These methods handle the marshalling of the parameters into SOAP, sending the SOAP request over HTTP, receiving the response from the Web service, and unmarshalling the return value. The proxy class allows the client program to call a Web service as if the Web service was a local component.

Once you create a proxy class using the .NET command-line tool wsdl.exe, a Web service client may invoke proxy class methods, which communicate with a Web service over the network by processing the SOAP messages sent to and from the Web service."

If you arent allowed to run Proxy classes I fail to see how web services can be called from within a web page?

Can you clarify that we are talking about the same type of proxy?

Cheers,
John

Proxies are just VB.NET/C##/C++.NET classes and when compiled they are part of the compiled assembly so it shouldn't be a problem. In fact you can even have .NET Remoting as long as its thru IIS which is what I recommend since you can use SSL for your remoting objects.

Back