WWW doesn't resolve

bro

Perch
This is not an urgent request. My sites are finally up again (thank you), except for one minor problem* which I'd like an answer to rather than sending in a ticket.

When my sites came back, one site worked as mydomain.com, but not with www.mydomain.com. I raised a ticket and this was fixed right away (thank you Ranjan).

However, this nearly always happens when I add a new domain. I raise a ticket and it gets fixed, but I never get an answer to my question: is there anything I can do myself to cure this problem, or avoid it happening in the first place?

(can't believe you're still up, Yash. you must have a really wild coffee buzz going right now.)

*(The minor problem is that an associated site, a .net domain that redirects to the .com still doesn't work with 'www.'. I didn't ask for this to be fixed so I could see if it was possible to sort it myself).

Thanks for putting me on the right track.

The 'server alias' option didn't exist for the sites that didn't come up! (Even though the one support fixed is working with www, no server alias appears in the cp, which is why I couldn't figure out why the other one, which looked to be set up exactly the same way didn't work... )

When I looked at the plan setup, the Vhost Alias option wasn't enabled. I stepped through the plan creation wizard for this plan, and even though there wasn't an option to enable Vhost Alias (I didn't change anything, just pressed the 'next' button a few times and submitted it again), when it recreated the plan, the option was magically enabled. Good ol' hsphere. hmm...

Anyhow, Server Alias now exists in the customer account, so I was able to add the www alias, and it works. tahdah!

in the domain name that support fixed, while the server alias option now appears, there is no www alias specified, though it's working okay. long as it works, i guess. wouldn't want to go messing up the new metabase...

Back