YABORG - Yet Another Barrage of Reseller Questions

hatton

Perch
YABORQ - Yet Another Barrage of Reseller Questions

Well, it's looking like an upgrade for my account is going to happen and I just have a handfull of questions before I take the jump. There are a few things that I'm still not clear on and a couple of oddball questions that I want to ask as well. So, here goes.

1. When I go into the "upgrade" my account, I don't see an option to go from the Windows package to the Reseller packages. Do I need to create a whole new account and then migrate my existing account over to the reseller plan?

2. I know that my reseller account will need it's own domain, I'm pondering that one right now. However, what other outside resources do I need to acquire before I start offering public hosting? That's not something that is going to happen immediately, my inital plan is to offer my current clients hosting and then possibly bring in some word of mouth and referral business. I know that building my "hosting" site is going to take some time, but do I need to get a SSL cert or a second domain for the hosting account? I'm going to creat a different PayPal account for it once the account is up and running but for the moment I won't need any kind of merchant card service... unless a really good one can be suggested.

3. Speaking of that, I have a couple of clients that have signed up for an account on Jodohost and went ahead nd prepaid for the year. Is there a way that I can move their accounts to my service once it is established? Since I'm the one maintaining their accounts (one is family and the other is an organization I belong to) it only makes sense.

4. Regarding VPS accounts - While this isn't something I plan on offering a lot of, there is an idea that has popped into my head and I'm wondering if it will work. Is it possible to have a single subdomain point to a VPS account (eg linux.thisdomain.com) and have the rest of the domain point to a Windows server (eg www.thisdomain.com)? Also, is there a way to redefine the default service ports (for telnet, SSH, FTP, etc)?

5. Since I am in the middle of my billing cycle on my Windows Silver account, can I opt to have my current balance rolled over to the reseller plan or is it gone?

6. While I know that the resellers are independent and autonomous from Jodohost, there are situations where an account has to be disabled by JH because it is killing system resources. In the case that this account belongs to a reseller (is a customer of), what is the action taken for that? Is the reseller notified?

7. One of the things that I'm mulling over is package(s) to offer. While I know that this is completely up to me, does any one have any thoughts?

Re: YABORQ - Yet Another Barrage of Reseller Questions

1. Upgarde is not possible between plan groups ie shared Windows, Linux, VPS and Reseller. However customers can upgarde freely within these plans.

Yes, you need to create a new reseller account. We will transfer shared account files to your reseller plan.

2. Following are some of important requirements:
a. You need a service domain under which you will sell your hosting services. Register a domain and create Domain Name Servers (DNS) for it. Required two IPs for DNS will be available in Reseller Control Panel during Reseller Account setup.
b. You will like to have your own SSL certificate.
c. Decide how you would like to get paid from your customers. Payment can be websites based ie paypal, 2checkout or use your own payment gateway. You have to decide which one based on setup and monthly/yearly fee, commission per payment etc. H-Sphere support many payment gatways.
d. If you are interested in reselling domain, setup account with enom.com or opensrs.

3. We will transfer their files.

4. Yes to both. No, you can not redefine default port.

5. We do not refund in the middle of billing cycle. Please write to [email protected].

6. We work with resellers on such issues.

7. You may like to offer packages similar to the one JodoHost offers.

Re: YABORQ - Yet Another Barrage of Reseller Questions

As usual, the answers provide fuel for more questions ;) Here's a few more -

atulkumar said:
2. Following are some of important requirements:
a. You need a service domain under which you will sell your hosting services. Register a domain and create Domain Name Servers (DNS) for it. Required two IPs for DNS will be available in Reseller Control Panel during Reseller Account setup.
b. You will like to have your own SSL certificate.
c. Decide how you would like to get paid from your customers. Payment can be websites based ie paypal, 2checkout or use your own payment gateway. You have to decide which one based on setup and monthly/yearly fee, commission per payment etc. H-Sphere support many payment gatways.
d. If you are interested in reselling domain, setup account with enom.com or opensrs.

Okay, so for the payment options I could start out just accepting PayPal and then later on add others as I see the necessity?

atulkumar said:
(Regarding existing JH customers that would move to my hosting)
3. We will transfer their files.
That's not a problem but what about their payment? They paid for 12 months worth of hosting in advance. I do not intend to charge them any more than what they have already paid but what happens to their money? Is that something else that I (or I acting as their representative) would need to contact billing about?

Thanks so much!

One question I forgot to ask - is there someplace where I can review the reseller AUP and Terms & Conditions?

1) Yes, you can start with PayPal and add more gateways as needed

2) when we transfer their account under your reseller account, whatever payments we credited to their account will be preserved.

3) Our TOS agreement is available at http://www.jodohost.com/tos.asp

Back