A couple of questions

Well, just one for now actually.

I have a designer that I host for and the default FTP time on Linux servers is not long enough for him (120 seconds). My current host, who I have a reseller account with, used to change this on a case by case basis. Well, now that they were bought out they will not change it anymore.

Is it possible for you to change the FTP timeout on a reseller plan if it is on a per domain basis?

Thanks

Here are our default settings:
TimeoutLogin 120
TimeoutIdle 600
TimeoutNoTransfer 900
TimeoutStalled 3600

Will that work for you, the login timeout will not change, it should not take over 2 minutes to login :)

I mis-spoke when I said that they were Linux servers that were short on time, I should have said Windows servers. Are the timeouts the same on those?

Windows are 300 seconds, and unless you setup your own virtual FTP server we can not change that.

Are you referring to the virtual ftp server in IIS? If so, I assume you handle this and what would the charge be per domain?

While I think that 300 seconds would be sufficient, he is used to the 600 that is given with Unix accounts.

The strange thing is, the old Reseller Center was able to change this with me on a per domain basis, but new ownership put the block on that pretty quick.

It can't be changed on a per domain basis without a virtual FTP setup, it is part ofthe package if you are a reseller, not an issue.

Actually it is Anonymous FTP, but ifyou set that up, we can change the settings.

http://www.psoft.net/HSdocumentation/user/ftp.html#anonymous

They probably just modified the timeout for the whole server, but 600 sec is quite a long time.

Using a proper FTP client, it will send NOOP commandsand keep you connected, Filezilla, www.filezila.sf.net and smartftp both work well

Didn't want to bring this back from the dead AND be nitpicky, but it seems that Win15 is set to 120 second timeout. Is there anyway that can be raised up to the 300 that you mentioned above?

Done. It may not take effect until an iis reset is done, I will have Prakash do that tonight.

Back