A Question or two

jimsau

Perch
Since I have had such a hard time getting my trouble tickets answered for whatever reasons I will ask a few things here. Hopefully there are enough of you here with experience I can get a few answers. :) Maybe this will help out untill the e-mail problem gets fixed.

Shouldn't I be changing my existing domains nameservers that I am putting under my reseller account to the ones created in my reseller account? Example:

Reseller`s DNS server aliases
ns.xxhosting.com ns.m****here.biz (DNS Server) 66.xx.xxx.xx
ns2.xxhosting.com ns2.m****here.biz (DNS Server) 66.xxx.xxx.xx

jimsau, you didn't get replies to your tickets? I answered them myself about 12 hours ago

To answer you again:
you need to create ns.xxhosting.com and ns2.xxhosting.com with your domain registrar pointing to the IPs assigned to them by Hsphere. After your name servers start resolving, you have to point xxhosting.com as well as all your domains to these name servers

No, I hadn't even received confirmations on the last few I sent. Something is wrong somewhere.

I did get this set. Thanks. One more problem solved. :)

i've also had to resend some emails recently because i get no confirmation at all - or simply no reply from support.

might be worth looking into. ;)

Yash said:
(PM it to me)

haha... i tried, but i got a message saying your box is over quota. i never knew that happened to admin as well ;)

anyway - i used the email option.
thanks Yash

PS; i'm also not getting notification from the forum, and that is a completely seperate email address: [email protected] ?(

I am not receiving any emails from my reseller account now either. They just up and stopped yesterday when support stopped working. It is happening on 3 different e-mail addresses.

I am not saying this is your problem here or anything, but many times I have seen that someone wil setup a domain on the system here, and they havent changed the DNS over yet, and are still getting emails from another server, yet the emails here are going to the inbox they created here but had not switched DNS to to check the servers here yet.
This happens more commonly than you would think. But as I said, may or may not be what it causing it for you.

Anything is possible except I have been using my ISP account to receive mails from my manual signups and still nothing. It now is probable that my mails are not being sent from my reseller account due to the fact my domain name for it is off in la la land. It was pointing to the right spot yesterday and I dont know where the heck it is today. Not on my server for sure. I went and reset its nameservers again.

The mail I was sending to support from was another domain that hasn't been moved yet or anything.

Back