abcpdf

Discussion in 'Microsoft Development' started by tomfloate, Jun 9, 2009.

1. tomfloate

tomfloate Perch

Hi,

I used abcPdf (asp.net v3) in one of our websites ... is it possible to use that on a shared hosting environment or do I need a semi dedicated? ?(

Thank you!
  2. kawaldeep

kawaldeep Perch

If it require FullTrust then you cant use it on shared servers.
  3. tomfloate

tomfloate Perch

cheers kawal,

has anybody used abcpdf on jodo servers? I have setup a semi dedicated domain and getting the following:

An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

Anyone got any ideas?
  4. largerabbit

largerabbit Perch

Doesn't sound like a trust issue, but if you have a test rig, have a look at the post below.

http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?page=3&t=7974

Subspace explains how to setup the same medium trust environment the Jodohost uses so you can properly test it out.

Cheers,

paul.
  5. Stephen

Stephen US Operations Staff Member

If he's on a semi dedicated server, it isn't using this trust level.

Tom, PM me your user ID and I will mail you a special helpdesk address, semi dedicated has it's own helpdesk.
  6. SubSpace

SubSpace Bass

Hmm, sounds like it's using COM / ActiveX, because .NET doesn't use HRESULTs.

PS: I doubt that trust policy configuration is still fully up to date with the current server settings at JodoHost :(
  7. Stephen

Stephen US Operations Staff Member

I will the the config updated this weekend, as it has LINQ and a few things now.

Now as for the error, it was using the 64bit DLL, so gave such an error, as it was 32bit server :)