About getting a second VPS for backup porpouses

Hi guys,

I tried to ask this question in the sales chat but the person there sent me to the tickets.

I already have a vps with you and I'm thinking in getting a new one, just to have my production environment mirrored in case something goes wrong with the hosting box I can easily change.

My question is if I can request from you guys my new VPS and database server to be placed in separate boxes that the one I currently have.

Thanks a lot.

There are 33 VPS servers currently, so there is a good chance you'd be on a different HW node right off the bat, as we do signups on them now in a rotation manner. You could insure the HW node was different just by requesting in questions from sales "Please do not put me on node WinPVSXX (whatever you are on at the time), as I am using this for a backup node"

As far as the SQL node, we can't really rotate that around, but will be putting in another MSSQL server in early 09 as I see it at this point looking at growth, we could probably put a DB on another server for you upon request as a tradeoff somewhere manually, we'd need to discuss this on ticket, we are pretty flexible when it comes to the VPS services.

Back