abuse on mssql11 or mssql12

A lot of times we have detected abuse of this kind (some website is opening a lot of connections , for example) , but nobody in jodo detected it until I opened a ticket to investigate it.

My websites some times is very very slow and I create a ticket and after that it is fixed but , isn't there any alarm to notify it to system admins? isn't there any way to be proactive to detect this kind of issues?

I think it would be detected with some kind of alarm automatically, isn't it?

Nope, we know about it and working on it, but it has not been a major abuse issue enough that it was making outages. It was fine before the weekend, then sometime around tuesday we started seeing some high cpu utilization. However it was not in the full utilization area, just 60-80% ranges. We have been working on it and sent notices over the last 36 hours as well.

We found one user using DB extensively outside network (like client direct connect styled) and had to block those IPs as this is not an approved use of the DB server, it has gone from a continual high usage to properly spiking up and down in cpu utilization. We are keeping a close eye on it as we did not remove those DBs from access, just blocked some IPs using them.

I'd like to thank JodoHost support for helping me in getting a new VPS account for my client with SQL installed in less than 3 hours.

This process normally takes more than 24 hours but they worked hard to get the VPS for my client ready with SQL in no time.

yeah same here the database is slow our back end is unusable.
front end is ok as it cached but back end is terrible...

already did. Manish it has been slow for a while now i did not say anything now it is timeout slow..

Last time MSSQL12 having issue. This time we found some issue in error log of MSSQL11.

While I checked mssql11 server after noon, There was no CPU usage. I missed to check error log file. Now, we can see big Error log file. Stephen is posting for MSSQL11 maintenance tonight.

Back