Adding 2nd and 3rd domains, how?

Shannara

Perch
I would of thought that adding a 2nd domain to an existing account in plesk would be striaght foward. But unfortunately, it is not. And the step-by-step guide on this forum does not cover this ... do you happen to know of a tutorial somewhere for Plesk that gives a guide on how to add a 2nd (and 3rd, etc) domain in Plesk?

I have not done this recently but I think it goes like this:
From admin click on clients(left menu), click on the client name in main window, then go to Add Domain.

Yeah, thats what i thought was well. However, once going through that, it requires you to create two new name servers for that domain. (weird, i know). So i placed in my ns/ns2.quadonline.org for where these are pointing.

Unfortunately, that doesnt work. Thus is the reason why Im looking for a Plesk tutorial.

SO EVERY domain in plesk thinks it needs private nameservers? That is odd, I will check the plesk guides and see if there is anything about this matter, that can be very time consuming.

Hello, any news on this? Just wondering, if not, I'll try to create private name servers for this domain.

Are you using a certain package that requires an exclusive IP address? There's no option in Plesk to give out "private nameservers." Perhaps you could take a screenshot of where your issue is?

Steve,

I have seen it on every domain added so far, it makes the DNS record as ns.addeddomain.com for each and every domain! Instead of just an IN NS firstdomainadded.com record like you would think it should.

The way I handled that, after setting the first domain, I went to server DNS settings, removed default NS record and added 2 NS records pointing to ns1.myfirstdomain.com and ns2.myfirstdomain.com. All newly added domains would now inherit the NS records pointed to the first domain.

Back