Adding a domain name to reseller account

Stew

Guppy
Can anyone tell me how to add a domain name to my reseller account, as the one I have used is held with another registrar, and moving it is a right pain.

What I'd like to do is just register any old domain name here with Jodohost and then update my master reseller account so that it uses the new name.

Hope the question even makes sense.

Hello Stew,

If I am understanding correctly here you want to know how you can replace the service domain?

If so, it is not possible without a lot of client downtime.(bascially have to delete everything and start over)

Thanks for the response. I have no client accounts running on my reseller account yet.

If I create a 'client' account, the domain name used for the temporary url, is there any way to change it, or add an additional one?

ok then it is possible you will need to delete all server aliases and the DNS zone for the reseller account then restart the process as outlined in the step by step.

thanks Stephen,

to keep it simplest, should I register a new domain name with Jodohost, would that be the easiest way to make sure the domain name didn't give me any headaches?

You don't have to, but can, my personal domains are at godaddy and namecheap, have had most of them for 3-4 years or more and they work great.

ok, I have deleted all alias's, and dns zones.
I have registered a domain name with godaddy

How do I point that domain name to my reseller account here with Jodohost, are there nameservers that I should point it to?

Back