AmaZoop anybody?

Has anybody tried to install amazoop php on a Jodohost server?

I have been trying to get it to work but keep getting:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ')' in D:\hshome\edited\edited.co.uk\cgi-bin\amazoop_v0_3RC2\config\userdata.inc.php on line 23

Thanks for any advice

I have not seen and have experience this app but it looks to be a code issue.

I did edit your post in the path part a bit just to keep it a bit more anonymous will still getting the point across.

I've never used AmaZoop but the error you posted is a PHP string issue. The file in question looks like perhaps the configuration file. Based on the error, I'm going to guess, you're running on a Windows host and you haven't doubled-up your slashes. On Windows, you'll need to enter file paths (not HTTP/URL paths) using double slashes. Like this: $foo = "D:\\hshome\\edited\\edited.co.uk\\cgi-bin\\amazoop_v0_3RC2\\"

The single slash is the "escape" character and would basically negate the closing quote. That would lead to the "unexpected )" error you're getting.

Windows/IIS nicely supports supports the / type slash instead. So I'd suggest using it anyway. So, $foo = "D:/hshome/edited/edited.co.uk/cgi-bin/amazoop_v0_3RC2/"

If it's not that, make sure you're starting and ending all the configuration values with the same quotes (single-single or double-double).

Tim

Back