Anonymous Support

Dave96

Perch
Hi,

I think Jodo should try and develop a sytem which charges the reseller on a pay-per-ticket basis or some sort of fixed proce for X number of active accounts.

I'm suggesting this as I think it is ridiculous to pay $0.50 for each active account if only 3-4 accounts actually use tickets. I have approx. 10-15% of my clients who sent tickets up to date. The rest, well, I never heard of them.

Any suggestions by any other resellers could be great also.

Could someone clarify this for me: If I want anon support, must I pay $0.50 for ALL my domains, or can I just request it for 1 or 2 specific clients, and pay only for those ones?

@Sailor: Its not per domain, but per user account (control panel user). A client can have 100 domains in his account but JodoHost will only charge you 0.50$ for that client, but you can't specify which accounts ....its a all or nothing package.

@Dave96: No offense m8, but don't be cheap. 0.50$ per user is an awsome price for anonymous support. If you indeed only have a small amount of clients that need support, then do it yourself.

I'm not being cheap at all, I just think it's a waste of money.

Let's assume I have 50 clients and only 10% actually use tickets for support ans such.

That would be 5 clients out of 50 which technically should cost $2.50 but in the end it costs $25/mo...

I'm sure you would like to save that extra $22.50 per month...

Dave96 said:
Hi,

I think Jodo should try and develop a sytem which charges the reseller on a pay-per-ticket basis or some sort of fixed proce for X number of active accounts.

I'm suggesting this as I think it is ridiculous to pay $0.50 for each active account if only 3-4 accounts actually use tickets. I have approx. 10-15% of my clients who sent tickets up to date. The rest, well, I never heard of them.

Any suggestions by any other resellers could be great also.

Lets think about why Jodohost only charges $0.50/user. They probably figure that not nearly 100% of accounts will use the anonymous support. Their cost I am sure is more than $0.50/account for the accounts which use support. If they charged per ticket then it would not only be a nightmare for their billing department they would have to charge more than $0.50 per ticket just to cover expenses. If you are reselling the webhosting you should be making a profit and your markup should be much higher than $0.50 so just pay the $0.50 per user and have a restfull nights sleep knowing that someone else will be dealing with your customers problems.

So it costs you $25 for a month of support. How much would it have cost for you to take the time to support and monitor issues. If it would have taken about an hour for all the issues you prolly break even. If each ticket would take 30min or more, your still saving more money then it costs to provide the support.

I know new clients usually need more support and then the occasional support after they are comfortable with their domains setup. If a user has 20 or more domains, those users will be well worth the annon support.

I prefer to look at it as how much I save, rather than how much it costs.

Sailor said:
Could someone clarify this for me: If I want anon support, must I pay $0.50 for ALL my domains, or can I just request it for 1 or 2 specific clients, and pay only for those ones?

# Only ACTIVE users are charged at $0.50/mon irrespective of domains hosted by him.
# No, we can't apply it to specifc users only, because we are doing manual billing for this and by that way it would be difficult for us to bill reseller for this service.

I'd be happy to join & pay the .50 c per account, but to date the only time i have recieved timely responses to my tickets is because i've chased up support for the ticket on live help.
Until i have more confidence that my customers would not have to wait 4 hours or more for ticket response I'll take care of it myself.
Anyway, most of the tickets i recieve, as are probably jodohosts; are of non-technical & usually newbie to h-shere type probs.
Of course this is only my experience with jodo support & maybe i have just had a bad run as i have read others are very happy with the support times here.

I agree with the 'what it saves' vs 'how much it costs'

Until you have enough clients to merit this cost of doing business - simply keep it in house and don't out-source.

Once you have a client base that has grown to make supportmore time consuming or there are issues of timeliness, then look to out source.

To be able to have 50 clients supported for $25.00 per month seems more than reasonable to me. Pass the .50 cents onto your clients, or keep support in-house.

I would submit that if only 1 client in 50 needed help and it took an hour of time for resolution, you're at break even.

That's my 2 cents,

Pat

Back