Any issues w/ Juno?

mgrunk

Perch
I have a customer who uses Juno for email and web surfing.

Her site worked fine w/ the previous hosting company I used. I migrated her over, tested the contact us and order form and they forwarded to her private juno address w/ no problems about 30 days ago.

She contacted me on Saturday saying that none of the orders were going through - irate customers on her end.

I checked and could not forward [email protected] to her private juno address, but at the same time, they forwarded fine to mine.

I then proceeded to set up a pop3 account for her - she was able to send and receive on Saturday, but then yesterday evening and all day today, she can't get the outlook to connect to the server:

! Task ' mail.herdomain.com - sending and receiving reported error (0x80CC90): "your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your administrator or Internet service provider(ISP) The server responded: -ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server' Cannot connect to mail server!'

And at the same time she couldn't access her webmail account either - ok, now she's getting peeved w/ me.

So, she runs XP, avg and probably has the standard XP firewall set up - I'm having her turn all of it off to see if she can receive and send emails, but is it possible the issue is w/ Juno somehow?

I contacted all 20 + other domains I manage and the emails work fine but no one else has juno.

Thanks for letting me pick your brains.

Michelle

"AVG POP3 Proxy Server" - catches my eye... try disabling AVG antivirus and see if that helps...

edit: sorry, I missed the part where you already mentioned disabling AVG as a suggestion.

My fmaily uses AVG, i have seen that happen a few times, a reboot fixed it for them, it was AVG not responding properly to POP requests.

I also installed google pack on my laptop at one point, and Symantec AV did it to me a time or two, in fact so much I uninstalled it.

I am having her do that now - it does work when she disables AVG - but are there thoughts on why I couldn't forward [email protected] to her private email address via her HSphere - at the same time I could forward to my email address.

Hello,

Sometimes email providers block such forwarded mail, and it is actually a good thing for us as service providers.

AOL for one does not block, and for example, someone sets up a forward to an AOL account, they get piece of spam, it comes here and forwards there, they hit the AOL this is spam button, and AOL notifies us that we are spamming their client :( When we were not the source of the spam, just sending through their domain mail that was forwarded to AOL, we get between 25-50 of these a day and have to sort through them, sometimes disabling forwards to AOL or we will get blocked.

Back