Any progress in most recent MySql?

i've expressed the need for mysql 5 many times.

it gets kind of ridiculous when software has been out for a long time and it's STILL not supported.

i know they says it's because hsphere doesn't support it yet, so add another server with mysql5 and start using it without hsphere (that's what happened with sql2005).

when it gets to the point that my hosting company is hindering what I can develop and host, and I could easily do this with many other hosts, it's not good at all.

I'm bumping this old thread, I have to agree, everything at Jodo has been top notch the past year I've been here, but not keeping up with technology is pretty unacceptable imo. I've started to think about moving, but I keep thinking that the crew here is trying to work through it, maybe after the move to the new datacenter they'll have time to think through this issue, because it is definately a hinderance right now.

We are not wanting to stay behind, but just wishing a smooth upgrade for our existing clients. As soon as we have our hands free of this load of tasks at hand, we will work on this. If you ask for an ETA, please allow us get to a stage to test this, so we can provide a better timeline.

Back