Any suggestions for good Newsletter software?

iaweb

Guppy
We need to create for one of our clients a fully fledged Newsletter system with multiple mailing lists, customized subscriber fields (like name, interest etc...) which does much more than the ezmlm system coming with H-Sphere...

Instead of re-inventing the wheel we were looking at a commercially available solution.

Anybody has experiences with the hundreds of systems available ?

Needs to be easy to maintain (as our client is pretty in-experienced) and capable of handling English and Simplified Chinese in the Newsletter and Name field (at least).

Thanks for any suggestions and help,

Heiko

phpList is free (open source) and very powerful. It's perhaps a bit difficult to use but not too bad. I think it can handle your language requirements. I've also used Sonic Mailer (sensation designs) which is a commercial php script. I'm not sure if it can handle your language requirements but it's a bit easier to use in my opinion than phpList. They're coming out with a version 3 any day now.

Tim

Hi Folks,

This topic came up at a perfect time for me. I have a client that is also wanting to do something with newsletters. They would be sending out a newsletter once a month to several hundred subscribers. My questions on this are two-fold:

1. Based on the number is this something that needs Jodo approval on setting up and signing off on? I believe there is a 100 per day limitation on emails is that correct?

2. Does anyone else have any recommendations on an .asp based program?

Thanks!

InTheMarket said:
Hi Folks,

1. Based on the number is this something that needs Jodo approval on setting up and signing off on? I believe there is a 100 per day limitation on emails is that correct?
Thanks!

That is actually an excellent questions... maybe sombody from Jodo could answer this?

Thanks

Emails/day restriction applies in all cases where our SMTP is used. It will be strict in near future for webserver SMTPs too.

Back