anyone else getting these strange spamcop replies?

snooper

Perch
Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?204.10.105.66: [email protected] Giving up on 212.150.49.2.

this come in a "failure notice" email from qmail,
but when checking with spamcop - the IP is not actually in their black list.

very strange, but i have it dozen of bounce-backs last week from the issue, and my client are complaining that their mails are not getting received, so there must be an issue somewhere.
anyone else getting these too? seems to be on win6 and win12.

thanks

i guess it might be, but there must be dozens (hundreds?) of sites using that same outgoing IP for win6 and win12, no?

so if i understand - if the sending smtp IP was changed so an IP address that USED to be be listed - then the recipient server may recognize it as listed now?

can someone from support tell about the IP used?

This is odd, and I have not seen it before.

I would think it is stale DNS, we got a ticket regarding this, and checked, no listing, we proceeded to check many other ips, also no listed.

I don't have a final answer or anything, but it is most certainly weird.

indeed.

and just to clarify - it happenes to me about 3-4 times last week, using different emails, on different domains, on different accounts, on different servers.... so it wasnt a once-off thing.

yeah askay juts let me know about that.

but the spam cop issues seems weird.

Please update us when you can.

thank you,

Spamcop listing can happen for many reasons, but mostly spam. This time a spammer signed for trial under a reseller and sent out huge number of spam mails. Before we did the cleanup many were sent.

tanmaya said:
Certain case of an RBL caching. Server is not using this IP since Saturday.

all my bounce messages were before Saturday. Wednesday to Friday basically (even tho i started the thread on Saturday only) . so it still make sense.

Back