Apple Mail ignoring messages on server

nzkiwi

Perch
One of my clients is a dedicated Mac user and all the staff use Apple Mail. Unfortunately they are "loosing" mail.

What is happening is that Apple mail fails to download the occasional message. It varies between users - somewhere between 1 message every few days to less than one message per month. The '"lost" messages remain on the server until the messages are downloaded by a different mail client, or the messages are deleted via Web-mail.

This issue only became apparent when one staff member was unable to receive mail as her mailbox had become full - some messages dating back to February!

I have checked their settings and all installations of Apple Mail are configured with "Remove copy from server after retrieving a message" set to "Right away". I don't believe the problem is with the mail server (mail5), but with Apple Mail, although I can't locate any info about Apple Mail exhibiting this behaviour.

Has any other Jodo user experienced a similar problem with Apple Mail?

version: Apple Mail (2.752.3)

I'm not aware of any other such report. Possible to report it to Apple support and see what they have to say on this?

Back