ASP 500 Error - Win5

Yash

Bass
Dated: March 24, 2004

As you may know, we had two ASP outages on Win5 within the last 4 days. We have isolated two possibilities for these outages and have corrected them. One was related to a problematic website and the other was related to IIS configuration. We are hoping that will be the end of it.

I'm deleting the 2 or 3 threads of the same issue. If it reoccurs, please open a single thread to discuss it. Please open a ticket before posting on the forum. Our system administrators very rarely browse the forums and the best way to inform them is to open a ticket. I reiterate that we are staffed 24x7x365.

Dated: March 27, 2004

We believe we have put a permanent end to this issue as there has been no reoccurance in the last 72 hours. We are still watching Win5 closely however.

I'd also like to once again appologize to our customers for the 5 hour ASP outage on Sunday (when it happened for the first time). This happened because there was no server administrator on shift during that time and our monitoring software failed to inform us. This is a gross management mistake by us and we are taking steps to ensure that we never remain unstaffed on Sunday night again and this problem never reoccurs.

Back